• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 - month lease, who covers cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnorman911

So with a 12 month lease, what do I do about getting shiped off to OCS, will the navy give me money to pay for the rest of the lease. My roommate is getting very worried. Any info?

CandKyMarine

"Military Clause" is only for current active duty. (You were active duty when you signed the lease). Consequences will depend on where you live. For most states, you are responsible for the total amount you signed the lease for. You have a few options 1)pay the rest of the money; 2)find someone to replace you (your name will most likely still stay on the lease so you are still the responsible party) or 3) break the lease and pay whatever fees you have.

jpt

also if your landlord is not a dick, talk to him, he may be willing to let you off the lease with no penalties especially if he is a patriotic type and you stress that you are going to leave to serve your country.

Agent00JP

If he is a cock, then drop the Soldier's an Sailor's Civil Relief Act of 1940 on him/her and see if they would like to push it. Most of the time they want to avoid the legal costs as much as you want to avoid the rent costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.