• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 APR 2015

cdualney

SNA penciled in for this date. Got the call yesterday.

My recruiter said that I shouldn't drive up because they only pay for the cost of a plane ticket now. Anyone else told this?

Bradicus

Ensign, SNA
A-Pool is when you are waiting to class up for API. You get paid to muster for 15 minutes each morning. You get paid to party in other words.

There is some actual work in A-Pool. Tending the museum, managing administrative stuff for the other A-Pool ensigns, mentoring junior enlisted, etc. You'd be better off using the A-pool time to prepare for API than partying.

SNA penciled in for this date. Got the call yesterday.

My recruiter said that I shouldn't drive up because they only pay for the cost of a plane ticket now. Anyone else told this?

As of October they were still paying for the drive, and I don't see why they would stop that now. Having a car was pretty handy at times. There's even a designated parking spot for candidates.

Gator Guard

always knife hands
I just repeated what my brother and his friends in Primary told me about A Pool. He did mention some work as you described, and of course the responsible thing to do would be to prepare for API. A lot of people went out drinking 5 nights a week when they were in A Pool. That's not my way of doing things either.

MGoBrew11

pilot
Do what you want, but as it has been posted before, studying a lot before API starts is kind of pointless. There will be plenty of time to study during API.

If you're not hitting up Florabama with great frequency during A-Pool you're doing it wrong. You will not have a nice long vacation like that ever again.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
This class is filling up really quick. I only have 20 days left in my current command, not that I am counting. I am glad that I am in a spring class. Has anybody seen the weather up/over/down (depending on your current location) there right now? It is COLD!!

Workingoutsidemyfield

This class is filling up really quick. I only have 20 days left in my current command, not that I am counting. I am glad that I am in a spring class. Has anybody seen the weather up/over/down (depending on your current location) there right now? It is COLD!!

Trust me, I am counting down the days till I leave, I just don't have my orders yet to make the move official. I am thinking of pushing my leave period up as well! I don't care to much about the weather anymore, I just know that its a move I need to take to better myself.

Gator Guard

always knife hands
I booked at the Chalet yesterday. For those who are flying, have you booked a ticket yet? Did you do it yourself?

I haven't heard from my OR in ages and I am his first non-nuke guy. Has anyone else not sworn in?

egardell

I looked up the Avg. High for Newport in mid April and it's around 58°F. So it won't be terrible. By mid May it will be considerably better.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
I booked at the Chalet yesterday. For those who are flying, have you booked a ticket yet? Did you do it yourself?

I haven't heard from my OR in ages and I am his first non-nuke guy. Has anyone else not sworn in?

So the Chalet let you reserve your hotel room for the July 3rd weekend?