• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 APR 17 SNA/SNFO Board

Bravo Kilo

The processor working on my package at the NRD called me today. She's working on getting my final selection paperwork, but the one thing that's holding it up is my British citizenship. I was given a renunciation letter ready to print and sign, and I have passport ready to destroy. I'm not exactly sure where I take it to get a witness though. I was told to take it to a courthouse, but I'm not sure if there is any type of court that I need or who to ask for. Can US Citizenship & Immigration services take care of this too? I tried calling some courthouses today to see if they'd done this before and the few that I got through to referred me elsewhere (to places I couldn't contact). I just don't want to show up at a random courthouse and then have them look at me like I'm speaking Chinese, because By the time I can try somewhere else it will take a very long time (I live in Los Angeles, and everywhere here has bad traffic and long wait times). Does anyone have experience on who I should take this to so I can knock it out quickly?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
The processor working on my package at the NRD called me today. She's working on getting my final selection paperwork, but the one thing that's holding it up is my British citizenship. I was given a renunciation letter ready to print and sign, and I have passport ready to destroy. I'm not exactly sure where I take it to get a witness though. I was told to take it to a courthouse, but I'm not sure if there is any type of court that I need or who to ask for. Can US Citizenship & Immigration services take care of this too? I tried calling some courthouses today to see if they'd done this before and the few that I got through to referred me elsewhere (to places I couldn't contact). I just don't want to show up at a random courthouse and then have them look at me like I'm speaking Chinese, because By the time I can try somewhere else it will take a very long time (I live in Los Angeles, and everywhere here has bad traffic and long wait times). Does anyone have experience on who I should take this to so I can knock it out quickly?

Did you not submit a renunciation certificate? I submitted mine with my package and my final select was a non-issue.

Bravo Kilo

Did you not submit a renunciation certificate? I submitted mine with my package and my final select was a non-issue.
I don't have a renunciation certificate from the UK Govt. That may have taken far too long and there was no guarantee that I would get selected. I was recommended not to do that and instead to submit a letter stating intent to renounce if accepted, and I did. Now I have to actually go through with it, but some sort of official has to witness me do it. There is no problem otherwise. I just have formally renounce, send proof to NRD, and that's it. I just don't want to show up to the wrong places, waste a bunch of time, and then have to wait until Monday before I can start the wild goose chase again lol

exNavyOffRec

I don't have a renunciation certificate from the UK Govt. That may have taken far too long and there was no guarantee that I would get selected. I was recommended not to do that and instead to submit a letter stating intent to renounce if accepted, and I did. Now I have to actually go through with it, but some sort of official has to witness me do it. There is no problem otherwise. I just have formally renounce, send proof to NRD, and that's it. I just don't want to show up to the wrong places, waste a bunch of time, and then have to wait until Monday before I can start the wild goose chase again lol

Have you seen "coming to america" with Eddie Murphy? I am pretty sure you just need to do what he did to renounce his thrown, :D if you haven't seen the movie that part is probably on Youtube

Bravo Kilo

Have you seen "coming to america" with Eddie Murphy? I am pretty sure you just need to do what he did to renounce his thrown, :D if you haven't seen the movie that part is probably on Youtube
Lmao yes I have seen it. Reminds me of that time Michael Scott tried to declare bankruptcy by screaming "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!"

If you're saying that's good enough for the Navy, I'll do it!!

pYn9590

I went to sign my renunciation papers today as well. I just submitted a letter with my package per my processor's instruction. There's been no issue yet.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

All you had to do was write a letter to the embassy renouncing your citizenship. Save a copy as well as getting proof from the post office that it was mailed.

That's it. No burning passports.

zboss

I was tabled as well....for a third time haha. Next up to bat....Air Force. ( someones taking me damn it! haha)

How did you already find out you were accepted to the Air Force? Were you submitting a packet at the same time? What was your AFOQT scores?

AJ18

How did you already find out you were accepted to the Air Force? Were you submitting a packet at the same time? What was your AFOQT scores?
I was picked-up by a reserve unit at Whiteman. They usually just have boards at random when they receive enough applicants. AFOQT Scores where P:99 N:90 AA:91 V:91 Q:96 TBAS was 96 with 100+ hours. If you want to apply Reserves or Guard, you have to have a PPL otherwise they will not look. Also, it is extremely rare for them to hire off the street. Usually only look for priors but it is it or miss with each unit. If you want more information, shoot me a PM.

ILL43

@RUFiO181 is there anyway to find out how many total slots for NFO and SNA were picked up? I think someone(or you) mentioned they needed 63 for NFO? I'm just curious what the overall stats were.