• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 APR 17 SNA/SNFO Board

exNavyOffRec

@RUFiO181 , just wondering if you know how an SNA-only package would have made it in front of the NFO board? Did they do that on purpose to give more NFO offers or would there've had to have been a mistake (i.e. my package went through as NFO instead of SNA). A Captain from HQ in Tennessee just called to confirm my NFO selection and when I asked him, he said an SNA-only package would not have gone before the NFO board and that he'll dig around to find answers.

If you wanted to freak him out tell him not only did you not apply for NFO that you were seeing on an online board that applicants were told that even if they wanted SNA only they had to put down NFO

If you put SNA as #1 and were picked NFO, don't go to OCS thinking you can switch later on

TigerKiller

I was just contacted by a DoN official. Official asked if I could ship out for May 14. I said I put July as earliest ship out date and requested for the earliest class after June. Was informed there is no July class and next is August ?4? I requested the August class. Official proceeded to tell me that there may be red flags attached to my application and ended the call with "Good luck even if the Navy is not in your future." Did I just unselect myself with the request or was this said to pressure me into a May/June class?

Last edited:

koliver

My recruiter just texted me this:

"If anyone was on the NFO list that they release AND had applied for pilot. The word is that they most likely were not selected for pilot.... so not the news you need but wanted to pass on what I'm hearing."

exNavyOffRec

I was just contacted by HQ. HQ Official asked if I could ship out for May 14. I said I put July as earliest ship out date and requested for the earliest class after June. Was informed there is no July class and next is August ?4? I requested the August class. Official proceeded to tell me that there may be red flags attached to my application and ended the call with "Good luck even if the Navy is not in your future." Did I just unselect myself with the request or was this said to pressure me into a May/June class?

The earliest date available is there for a reason, congratulations though you just met your first asshole in the military!

Brad50

My recruiter just texted me this:

"If anyone was on the NFO list that they release AND had applied for pilot. The word is that they most likely were not selected for pilot.... so not the news you need but wanted to pass on what I'm hearing."

That is the same message I received from my recruiter as well.