• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 APR 17 SNA/SNFO Board

TigerKiller

Boss just received the background check NASIS letter to confirm I work here. Is this normal to occur after applications already went to board?

sebald15

My boss and the owner of the company I work for received the letters about a week after I finished my NASIS application. I have not heard from any one else I listed as a reference if they were contacted.

That said, I have no idea what the method of the madness is for security clearances.

Jacob Jackson

Jaxson239
Boss just received the background check NASIS letter to confirm I work here. Is this normal to occur after applications already went to board?
I completed my NASIS back in mid October, my boss received the letter about a month or so ago, and I got a call from an investigator to do my background check last Tuesday. I'm with @sebald15 on this one, I'm guessing that's normal, but I have no clue haha

sebald15

Yes should clarify I finished my NASIS application in March, maybe late Feb? And it was probably longer than a week. Maybe 3 weeks?

Clearly I cannot remember so ignore me. But yes, normal I think.

KnightFlight

I had that done to just give my OR something to use to prove to MEPS that I have depth perception so they would allow me to come get tested if I have to. But he said he got it pushed through so we'll see...
I failed the depth perception at MEPS. Went to a civilian ophthalmologist and passed with flying colors. Got a waiver to have my civilian results submitted with no problems. Passed everything at OCS fine. Halfway through the advanced syllabus now. If your recruiter says they accepted it, you should be fine.

msv123

MVaughn123
I failed the depth perception at MEPS. Went to a civilian ophthalmologist and passed with flying colors. Got a waiver to have my civilian results submitted with no problems. Passed everything at OCS fine. Halfway through the advanced syllabus now. If your recruiter says they accepted it, you should be fine.
MVP^^