• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 APR 17 SNA/SNFO Board

msv123

MVaughn123
No waivers except for eyesight. Was originally NPQed at MEPS for SNA/SNFO. Something about depth perception I think. Got N3M qualifying me for SNFO but not SNA. I'm sure the board members look at applications as a whole so there was probably something in there they didn't like. Doesn't mean lower stats won't get selected.
Well that scares me now.... I had a waiver for PRK and then when I went to MEPS, they managed to not test me for depth perception. So when my package went through the processor, it came back saying that I was disqualified because I have no depth perception... My recruiter made phone calls and said he "got it fixed" but I'm not sure how or what he did. So just to be safe I had a civilian eye doctor test me and provide a written statement saying I have adequate depth perception just to give my OR some ammo if the problem comes up again but hopefully it doesnt affect my ProRec...

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Well that scares me now.... I had a waiver for PRK and then when I went to MEPS, they managed to not test me for depth perception. So when my package went through the processor, it came back saying that I was disqualified because I have no depth perception... My recruiter made phone calls and said he "got it fixed" but I'm not sure how or what he did. So just to be safe I had a civilian eye doctor test me and provide a written statement saying I have adequate depth perception just to give my OR some ammo if the problem comes up again but hopefully it doesnt affect my ProRec...

N3M doesn't accept eye exams and depth perception tests from civilian doctors. Only MEPS or a military facility.

msv123

MVaughn123
Thats crazy! Its hard to imagine that they would miss something that major. Best of luck to ya. Less than two days!!
It was a clusterf*** at MEPS. They were just pushing everyone through the eye exam room as fast as a possible and it was just a "do-this, do-that, get-out, no-questions-asked" sorta deal. My OR called me after we submitted my kit and said that I have no depth perception and I asked how they would know that because I've never been tested for that and he was just like "what...." lol.

msv123

MVaughn123
N3M doesn't accept eye exams and depth perception tests from civilian doctors. Only MEPS or a military facility.
I had that done to just give my OR something to use to prove to MEPS that I have depth perception so they would allow me to come get tested if I have to. But he said he got it pushed through so we'll see...

exNavyOffRec

Unless you had a depth perception test at MEPS /MTF it can't be fixed. A person has to have a N3M letter saying they are PQ for SNA before going to board.

msv123

MVaughn123
Unless you had a depth perception test at MEPS /MTF it can't be fixed. A person has to have a N3M letter saying they are PQ for SNA before going to board.
Moment of truth here soon... I don't know how he would have gotten my package to the board then but when I got a new OR after my original OR rotated out, he confirmed that my package was sent to the board. I hope they didn't change it to NFO....

exNavyOffRec

Moment of truth here soon... I don't know how he would have gotten my package to the board then but when I got a new OR after my original OR rotated out, he confirmed that my package was sent to the board. I hope they didn't change it to NFO....

or worse yet you get DQ at OCS, I have seen OR's push for eye issues to get cleared so a person can go to board only to have the person DQ at OCS

msv123

MVaughn123
or worse yet you get DQ at OCS, I have seen OR's push for eye issues to get cleared so a person can go to board only to have the person DQ at OCS
Did they DQ at OCS because they were tested again and failed? Because I don't have eye issues (i have perfect depth perception). I just didn't get tested at MEPS...

cookie_monster

I'm an NFO only applicant for this board. Just got in touch with my recruiter and he says he doesn't see my name on the list of those selected for NFO. Will more results be released later or are they all released at once? I guess I'll have to wait to hear back from upcoming SWO board to see if Navy wants me this year.
Your scores are good.......WTF. Well there goes my SNA slot with my OAR of 48...