• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 APR 17 SNA/SNFO Board

Grantendo

pilot
Do you guys know if they tend to weigh certain stats more than the other? I have heard that the ASTB pilot score is a HUGE weight.

koliver

Do you guys know if they tend to weigh certain stats more than the other? I have heard that the ASTB pilot score is a HUGE weight.
I'm assuming that they look at the PFAR score if you're only applying for SNA and the FOFAR score if only applying for SNFO, but I would assume every part is weighed pretty equally. Who knows how navy logic works though.

Bravo Kilo

I'm assuming that they look at the PFAR score if you're only applying for SNA and the FOFAR score if only applying for SNFO, but I would assume every part is weighed pretty equally. Who knows how navy logic works though.
I'm wondering how the AQR plays into it. Do any other jobs in the Navy require the ASTB?

npm724

None
Unfortunately, due to a medical clearance issue that has since been resolved, my application ended up being held from this board. I'm submitted for review in July. Feeling a little gutted by that news, but looking forward to pursuing this dream after the next board.

Best of luck to everyone! I'll get there when I get there.

koliver

Unfortunately, due to a medical clearance issue that has since been resolved, my application ended up being held from this board. I'm submitted for review in July. Feeling a little gutted by that news, but looking forward to pursuing this dream after the next board.

Best of luck to everyone! I'll get there when I get there.
I know the feeling. I literally cleared medical and submitted my application the day they were due. Best of luck!

JoeLight

Although I don't know what percentage ASTB / GPA count here's the consensus:

ASTB is the biggest weight for SNA / SNFO (by how much I don't know)
GPA is the next biggest

(In general) Personal Motivation Statement / LOR are not looked at unless there's a tie between 2 applicants.

Lastly, the board apparently spends mere seconds / minutes per application. It's been said they're very busy people.

exNavyOffRec

Seriously haha. What are the odds? It's a small school.

It happens more than you think, one of my schools was small, around 2,000 students, I had 3 people that were applying at the same time from there, 2 were accepted. I had another school with 1400 students, 2 applied at the same time (1 referred another) they were both accepted into the same program.

Jacob Jackson

Jaxson239
Although I don't know what percentage ASTB / GPA count here's the consensus:

ASTB is the biggest weight for SNA / SNFO (by how much I don't know)
GPA is the next biggest

(In general) Personal Motivation Statement / LOR are not looked at unless there's a tie between 2 applicants.

Lastly, the board apparently spends mere seconds / minutes per application. It's been said they're very busy people.

From what I've been told it's about 2-3 minutes per applicant