• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 APR 17 SNA/SNFO Board

JoeLight

Everyone needs pilots. All you need to do is make it past the bureaucracy part.
That's one of the reasons I'm hesitant to switch branches. I'd have to do MEPS and all the tests over again.
Which makes you wonder, why does everyone need pilots lol

exNavyOffRec

Which makes you wonder, why does everyone need pilots lol

The need for USN SNA is no more or no less than the normal fluctuations over the past many years, there are always a set number of spots for Ensigns, OCS is a make up source, so if less people graduate from USNA or NROTC, or less are able to be SNA then OCS will get more spots, and of course the reverse is true.

rotorhead211

SNFO Applicant
ASTB: 66 8/7/7
Degree: Mech. Eng.
GPA: 3.79
Board: 12 APR 17

Feeling good about my chances, but still nervous as hell!

You and me both haha. Im SNA, but I'm still freaking out a little. Hopefully we will find out late next week.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
So say we do get accepted, will the military pay for your federal student loan debt? I know the wont pay private though

Yes and no. If you complete 10 years of government/military service the government will wipe out any remaining student debt you have. But immediately, no. We don't need to offer loan repayment programs.

cookie_monster

Yes and no. If you complete 10 years of government/military service the government will wipe out any remaining student debt you have. But immediately, no. We don't need to offer loan repayment programs.
Is there any immediate action? Or they wont even touch it until you've served for 10 years?

Bravo Kilo

Is there any immediate action? Or they wont even touch it until you've served for 10 years?
This isn't a military-specific program. You just have to make 120 monthly payments, and the federal government will will forgive the remainder so long as you are working for the government in some capacity. A lot of law school graduates might opt for this for instance. Work for 10 years as a public defender or in a DA office or something, and the government will forgive the ton of debt from law school. It also only makes sense if you have enough debt also.