• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 APR 17 SNA/SNFO Board

AJ18

I hear you. I didn't know applications could be held in purgatory like that. I was never aware of such an outcome before. I thought you either got a pro-rec Y/N and that was that until the next board. My apologies.
You and me both bud haha good luck to ya though. You have some killer stats but the degree in political science is throwing me off? What sparked the interest in aviation? did you watch Top Gun too?

Welsham

I hear you. I didn't know applications could be held in purgatory like that. I was never aware of such an outcome before. I thought you either got a pro-rec Y/N and that was that until the next board. My apologies.
Getting a Y/N would be too convenient and make too much sense ;)

W

Wildcat15

You and me both bud haha good luck to ya though. You have some killer stats but the degree in political science is throwing me off? What sparked the interest in aviation? did you watch Top Gun too?
Tom Cruise is my recruiter. He said we get to play beach volleyball everyday and I get to be a Top Gun instructor after I finish API. I'm pretty excited.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Agree 100% my friend. Yes, I've been doing some pouting...I grabbed my standard issued tissue box and hug-a-bear from the Air Force and went to my safe place at a 5 star hotel for awhile haha. I'm over it. I just find it somewhat insulting for the Navy to hold onto a package such as mine so that if they don't meet/fill their quota, they just may then, select my package. Other than that, they're wasting my time due to age requirements. Honestly, the OR and I thought we would give it a shot with the scores. In no way did we expect a table haha let alone twice.

Sincerely,
The Salty Airman

Welcome to life. Sometimes when you feel there could only be two solutions, a third randomly appears.

cookie_monster

Also submitting for the April Boards.@AJ18 If you did well on the GRE you should do fine on the OAR and ASTB-E again.In my opinion it shouldn't be to hard to increase all four of your scores. But It does depend on how hard you thought the PBM was. Anybody have a link to the February board percentages? Haven't been able to find them.
I took my ASTB at the Champaign recruiting office lol. Right across from the Hardees!

msv123

MVaughn123
Ahh. I am still confused. What is this Professional Recommendation? I get the Y and N part now though
Getting professionally recommended means the board recommends you to go to OCS. It's synonymous with "being selected." But them telling you that "you're going to OCS" at that point in the process is a little premature and isn't really proper terminology because there are some minor additional steps before you actually get to OCS that could still prevent you from shipping out. But "Pro-rec Y" is, by far, the biggest hurdle/accomplishment in the application process.

cookie_monster

Getting professionally recommended means the board recommends you to go to OCS. It's synonymous with "being selected." But them telling you that "you're going to OCS" at that point in the process is a little premature and isn't really proper terminology because there are some minor additional steps before you actually get to OCS that could still prevent you from shipping out. But "Pro-rec Y" is, by far, the biggest hurdle/accomplishment in the application process.
Ah okay. So after getting pro-rec Y you move on to the next step? How do you know if you've been selected or not? Email, Mail, Recruiter tells you?

Bravo Kilo

I'll be checking in for this board also for both SNA and SNFO

ASTB-E: 57 6/6/5 (first time)
Degree: Computer Science BS
GPA: 2.99
Prior service Air Force 4.7 years, E-5/SSgt, perfect evals
Selected for and did 2.5 Years AFROTC (disenrolled under a Humanitarian release)
Various decorations/awards from the military, AFROTC, and my university

msv123

MVaughn123
So many applicants are being tabled. Is this normal? Kinda worries me...
I don't think it's too much to worry about. There's been a lot of discussion about being tabled and what people should do about it, but I don't think there's been actually been a ton of people getting tabled when you look at the overall numbers. There's also plenty of people getting prorec Y's so keep your chin high!

bchelleen

Just got medically cleared by N3M for a shoulder waiver, so I'll be checking into this board. Good luck to everyone.