• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 APR 17 SNA/SNFO Board

Safashton

Prorec No SNA. This is some bullshit. I'll take NFO (and I'm not upset about taking NFO... it's a great job) but I don't understand what happened with SNA. I didn't even get tabled. My OR says I would have to wait 6 months to resubmit for SNA (cuz of the prorec N). See y'all in Newport

That's crazy. Your stats are pretty good too, perhaps it's because your pilot score was a 6. Most people that have their stats available got at least a 7.

Rhino93

rp31493
Congratulations to all that were selected. I am Pro Rec N for SNA. Pretty bummed but it is what it is. I was selected for NFO even though I was not aware my recruiter listed it as a second choice. I understand what a great opportunity NFO would be, but have decided to turn it down as it is still my dream to go SNA and my plan was always to re-apply had I not been selected. Does anyone know if I can re-submit to the next board, or is there a waiting period? Any advice is appreciated.

Justin Dowd

HeloGuy87
Congratulations to all that were selected. I am Pro Rec N for SNA. Pretty bummed but it is what it is. I was selected for NFO also even though I was not aware my recruiter listed it as a second choice. I understand what a great opportunity NFO would be, but have decided to turn it down as it is still my dream to go SNA and my plan was always to re-apply had I not been selected. Does anyone know if I can re-submit to the next board, or is there a waiting period? Any advice is appreciated.
I have heard there is a six month waiting period for civilians but I am not 100%, I would look in the opnavinst 1420.1b to find out for sure... also I wouldn't recommend turning down a prorec, you could always convert laterally once commissioned down the road... I don't know if turning it down would be a good look... again not 100% but best of luck on whatever you decide!

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I have heard there is a six month waiting period for civilians but I am not 100%, I would look in the opnavinst 1420.1b to find out for sure... also I wouldn't recommend turning down a prorec, you could always convert laterally once commissioned down the road... I don't know if turning it down would be a good look... again not 100% but best of luck on whatever you decide!

Terrible advice. You know how many NFO to pilot lat transfers there are per year? Hint: a LOT less than SNA pro Recs. If your dream is to hold the stick, accept nothing else and write a letter to the board explaining that you were accepted NFO but didn't apply which is why you turned it down. If I had gotten NFO, I'd have turned it down, too.

rotorhead211

Congratulations to all that were selected. I am Pro Rec N for SNA. Pretty bummed but it is what it is. I was selected for NFO even though I was not aware my recruiter listed it as a second choice. I understand what a great opportunity NFO would be, but have decided to turn it down as it is still my dream to go SNA and my plan was always to re-apply had I not been selected. Does anyone know if I can re-submit to the next board, or is there a waiting period? Any advice is appreciated.
Thats truly bizarre. Your stats are excellent.

cookie_monster

Dude your scores are amazing...do you think having NFO on your application hurt you?

Patriot Shark

Cool, so I'm active duty forward deployed USS Green Bay.
I've been checking BUPERS Board Selection Results literally every day after 12APR17, no results are posted for me.
How do I check my results?

Safashton

So off the bat, based on your published stats, yours are better than most applied, at least in this thread. Did you have a major detractor? E.g., problem with the law?