• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

11JUL17 Pilot/NFO board

egri

So for those of us whose first time this is, anyone care to explain how this proceeds. What happens next, and roughly when, and then after that? How many typically are selected out of the number of applicants that posted?

Last time, the board met on 12 April, I found out on 1 May that I was tabled, and it seemed like most people here found out before then. Your recruiter will let you know the result (mine told me through email, others here found out through text/phone call).

Carina

Last time, the board met on 12 April, I found out on 1 May that I was tabled, and it seemed like most people here found out before then. Your recruiter will let you know the result (mine told me through email, others here found out through text/phone call).
wow! that's a long time. I though the last board everyone found out the results in 10 days

Layke1123

Thanks for the replies. I'm a little different because I'm AD and I check online for selection board results, I was just curious the time frame. And backup plans are the name of the game! Can't get down, just find a way around. I'll fly one way or the other. XD Good luck to everyone!

SCG_TN

wow! that's a long time. I though the last board everyone found out the results in 10 days
Yeah, I was tabled from the April board and it was a good 2 weeks until I heard from my OR... I don't know if its different depending on what you are applying for, though. I just suggest y'all get comfy, because its probably going to be a while.

Carina

Thanks for the replies. I'm a little different because I'm AD and I check online for selection board results, I was just curious the time frame. And backup plans are the name of the game! Can't get down, just find a way around. I'll fly one way or the other. XD Good luck to everyone!
Oh you will know when the results are officially out. Someone will post here

Hello everybody, I'm just joining this because my application is in as well. Good luck to you all! I will post my results once I receive them.

My Info:
21 Years Old
Applying for Pilot (will not accept NFO if offered, due to possibility of becoming 3rd generation fighter pilot)
ASTB: 72 9/8/8
School: California Baptist University
Degree: B.S. Mechanical Engineering with Aerospace Engineering Minor (one more year left graduating in May, 2018)
GPA: 3.96
Fully Medically Qualified with no waivers
Recommendations: previous Professor/Employer and really close college personal friend

Note: I had a really great recruiter in the greater San Diego, CA area. He was a pilot himself, very friendly, dedicated, and timely. If anyone wants his information, I can give it to you.

hdr777

pilot
If anyone is curious, these are the board and results dates for the last few aviation boards. Obviously this one may take more or less time, but just take it as an estimate.

Board Date: 4/12/17
Results Date: 4/14/17 (NFO) 4/24/17 (SNA)

Board Date: 2/6/17
Results Date: 2/10/17

Board Date: 11/14/16
Results Date: 11/28/16

Board Date: 7/18/16
Results Date: 8/2/16

Board Date: 5/18/16
Results Date: 5/24/16

Board Date: 2/24/16
Results Date: 2/25/16

Safashton

Hello everybody, I'm just joining this because my application is in as well. Good luck to you all! I will post my results once I receive them.

My Info:
21 Years Old
Applying for Pilot (will not accept NFO if offered, due to possibility of becoming 3rd generation fighter pilot)
Degree: B.S. Mechanical Engineering with Aerospace Engineering Minor (one more year left graduating in May, 2018)
Recommendations: previous Professor/Employer and really close college personal friend

Note: I had a really great recruiter in the greater San Diego, CA area. He was a pilot himself, very friendly, dedicated, and timely. If anyone wants his information, I can give it to you.

Pretty phenomenal stats

Centurion57

My Info:
21 Years Old

Wait how is yours in without graduating first?

hdr777

pilot
You can apply before graduating, you just have to submit a degree completion plan. When I started applying my OR said it had to be within 6 months of graduating, but I guess its 12 months now (which sucks because I would have applied for earlier boards had I known that but :/ )

Centurion57

You can apply before graduating, you just have to submit a degree completion plan. When I started applying my OR said it had to be within 6 months of graduating, but I guess its 12 months now (which sucks because I would have applied for earlier boards had I known that but :/ )

Ah that makes sense, yeah wish I had known that earlier too.

Yeah, my recruiter said that the application/board date has to be within 12 months of graduation.

Rafae Sajid

Been lurking on here (obsessively) since yesterday. Finally checking in.
Gotta admit y'all got me with the "your recruiter has your results!" posts.. excellent trolling:cool:
Best of luck to everyone!