• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

11JUL17 Pilot/NFO board

justheretocreep

I'm picking up extended orders here in Germany as a backup plan, but obviously I'd much rather be in Rhode Island in the next few months. Just 1 more week until we probably start getting results, hang in there everyone!

Safashton

• APPLYING: SNA/SNFO
  • B.A.: Computer Science, Baylor May 2013
  • GPA: 3.75
  • OAR: 66
  • ASTE: 8/8/7
  • PRIOR ENL: USN AT3
  • INTERVIEWS: O-5, O-4, O-3
  • LORs: O-5 USNR Retired, O-5, Congressman in House
  • BOARD: 11 July 2017, first try
  • PROREC: TBD
  • FINSEL: TBD
  • OCS DATE: TBD
A little late to the party but I'm here. Hurry up and wait is killing me this time around and I'm used to it. XD

When you say prior, are you still in?

USC6217

Hey everyone, I've been lurking in the background and decided to finally join up!

SNFO (damn these eyes of mine!)

Prior: Sgt, USMC 5-years, 6217, VMFA(AW)-224
GPA: 3.98, BA Economics (graduate next spring), University of South Carolina
OAR: 53
ASTB: 6/9/7

Angel17

Hey everyone, I've been lurking in the background and decided to finally join up!

Hey man when did you get out ? I'm on the air station still lol. I'm with VMFAT-501 (6258 F-35 AF mech) you're PL right.

Austin-Powers

Powers By Name, Powers By Reputation

Just curious, did you ever make the pre-op limits to pay for LASIK/PRK out of pocket?

Chughes

Checking in, Good luck everyone!
SNA Applicant
ASTB/OAR: 64 8/7/9
GPA: 3.3
Aerospace Engineering
Texas A&M University

USC6217

@Angel17 I got out in 2015, and yes I was a sucka ass PL haha. 501 was only a few aircraft before I left that place, I've heard it's massive now.

@Austin-Powers, I was accepted for PRK surgery back in 2013, but was denied a few weeks before my surgery due to a West Pac (Japan medical wasn't good enough for them) and was unable to apply again once I got back because I didn't have enough time on contract. I plan to get it done eventually once I get back in and see if I can go SNA route at that point. Lucky for me, I have 3 close Capt's who have all done it so I have a good idea of what to expect (even though they are USMC) if I try that route. Who knows, maybe I'll love NFO, then I'll just enjoy being able to see my own hand without glasses or contacts.

exNavyOffRec

I found out at my flight physical I'm outside the pre-op limits to have surgery and quality for SA. To be honest, I didn't know there were any until I was given the hard no.

you are lucky, up to a few years ago those pre-op limits were also the max for even coming in as an officer, so if you didn't meet the pre-op limits you were also not qualified to be an officer.

Safashton

Where did you get that number from?

Not sure if people without a CAC can get to it, but if you go to Navy OCS on the NPC website, you can click the fillable officer tattoo screening link, which takes you to the MPTE portal, you can search board lists and select first result, select the PILOT/NFOboard for 11 July and it has an excel of SNA/SNFO applicants.