• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1105 Designator

Status
Not open for further replies.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Our skipper had a little update for us when he got back from the PNS conference in Pensacola... the biggest thing was the re-activation of the 1105T designator. The way that he explained it was that there were just WAY too many SWOs out there. So starting soon, people that aren't picked up for any URL community will be designated as 1105T and have 2 years to get either SWO qualified or somehow transfer to another community, including restricted line. One thing I forgot to ask him, though, was what happens to people who don't qualify or redesignate after that 2 year deadline?

Also, he kept saying that the 1105 designator wasn't bad, but he gave off the distinct impression that it's something like the black hole of the navy - where officers go to die and such. Has anyone else gotten any info on this from their skippers?

Pags

N/A
pilot
you got your flight slot, what do you care? :)

it's probably looked at the same way as people who made up their own major in college...sure thy got a degree, but where do you get a job with a degree in centro-post-modern dada-ism?

C

CUNavy

Our CO said the same thing. He did not mention what will happen if someone does not get SWO qualed or fails to redesignate. However, he did say that people should not worry about not finding a place in the navy who have been designated as a 1105T. Bottom line, the Navy will find a place for them. The SWO community is now tough to get into. I think two middies from my unit are going 1105 or 1105T. The SWO Ensigns that graduated last year each went to a ship (Small boys) that had 15 or 16 0-1s!! That's incredible.

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
A buddy of mine Commissioned in Dec '03, & he's currently EWO aboard a DDG. One of the lucky ones who actually got picked up. They have waaay too many officers aboard, at one point he was even bunking in enlisted berthing. Ouch. (For the blue shirts, not him! lol)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
This seems to be Navywide. There are just way too many O's in the wardroom of the ships. It really sucks for them when the Air Det comes aboard, cause everyone gets bumped down to overflow.

The 1105 sounds like GURL. Guess things come in cycles.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes, the 1105T is not a community, but a temporary designator. After the 1105T gets his/her pin then they can lateral transfer into another community (SWO, INTEL, CRYPTO, ETC.) IF they fail to become warfare qualified they may be shown the door....
The SWO comminity is full and now it is competitive to get into that community. The bottom line is to get the best GPA and class standing while in the NROTC/USNA in order to get the service selection of you choice.
ea6bflyr
icon_smile.gif

FSUMIDN

P-3 TACCO
One of our OCs got that designator when we went up for service selection. He is trying to go nuke now since our XO tells us it's a really bad thing to have.

av8tor

1105T isn't that a Human Resources position. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! Oh sorry, I momentarily feel asleep there.

Status
Not open for further replies.