• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

$100,000 retention bonus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

handjive

Blue speedo... check!
pilot
Holy crap!

Via the Navy News Service

PEARL HARBOR, Hawaii (NNS) -- Chief Electrician's Mate Robert Cruanes, reactor control division leading chief petty officer stationed aboard USS Bremerton (SSN 698), is slated to receive $100,000 by staying Navy as part of the Enlisted Supervisor Retention Pay program.

According to the Navy Personnel Command, nuclear-trained Sailors with at least six years of service but no more than 10 can get as much as $65,000. Sailors eligible for the Enlisted Supervisor Retention Pay can get even more, up to $100,000 if they meet the requirements.
The best quote from the story:
“I would have reenlisted with or without the bonus," Cruanes said. "This was icing on the cake."

Good for him though, I don't think I would stay on a sub for 4 years even for that kind of money.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
handjive said:
“I would have reenlisted with or without the bonus," Cruanes said. "This was icing on the cake."

Thats some pretty thick "icing." Damn, i'd sign a four year septic tank cleaning apprentice contract for that kind of cash.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
handjive said:
Holy crap!

Good for him though, I don't think I would stay on a sub for 4 years even for that kind of money.

Don't knock it until you try it. It was some real interesting stuff and those guys are generally highly motivated and have better than average attitudes.

perchul

They deserve it, I've got a friend who is going through Nuke school now on the officer side and it is some intense training;studying 18 hours a day isn't my cup of tea and if someone is will to do it they deserve to see a big paycheck at the end of the road.

KBayDog

perchul2 said:
They deserve it, I've got a friend who is going through Nuke school now on the officer side and it is some intense training;studying 18 hours a day isn't my cup of tea and if someone is will to do it they deserve to see a big paycheck at the end of the road.

Especially when libo consists of dressing up Cracker-Jack style and taking the libo bus to the Hooters in N. Charleston. Good times, good times. :(

Wait a sec....studying 18 hours a day deserves a big paycheck at the end of the road? In that case,

SHOW...ME...THE...MONEY!!!

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
My recruiter talked me out of going to Nuke 9 years ago. Regardless of how much they get I'm still happy I went AECF.

Status
Not open for further replies.