• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1 dead, 1 hurt in recruiting office shooting

cmhumphr

CuMhUmPeR
That is truly sad, and to think why would a person do this if the people he/she's shooting at are protecting their rights and freedoms?:confused:

jitiola

Tengo La Camisa Negra!!!!
This is just horrible. Pray everyone...please.

Seems like were moving more and more towards a society where rationality doesn't apply when it comes to one's boldness. Especially when it comes to feelings towards the military.

This is REALLY sad.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No idea yet what this was all about. Reports were that these troopers had just finished boot and were back in Little Rock for some extra recruiting. This may have been a holdover grudge from something that happened before they enlisted. Or it may have been completely random, or mistaken identity, or who the hell knows?

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Great, some dirty wannabe Hadji...just fuckin great...looks like a good training target for some Army Snipers...

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
There is a lot more to this than just a neighborhood grudge ... picklesuit is trackin.

Bevo16

pilot
So this dude, Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad (you would think that you could not make that name up, but he did), is under investigation by the FBI Joint Terrorist Task Force because he went to Yemen and was busted there for using a Somali passport. And we are assured that the shooter was not part of any terrorist group (I guess they missed the part where he was a Muslim convert studying jihad in Yemen) and his attack was not part of a larger conspiracy.

How sick do you feel right now if you are the FBI case officer with this guy's case file on your desk.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
99, we are NOT turning this into a pro-life/pro-choice thread. The last one was a catastrophe, and the next one will be too.

murryton

pilot
"This may have been a holdover grudge from something that happened before they enlisted. Or it may have been completely random, or mistaken identity, or who the hell knows?"

That sounds optimistic, if I've ever heard optimism. BLUF: wannabe muslim jihadist kills unsuspecting soldiers outside of recruiting station. The old words, "be polite, be professional, but be ready to kill everyone you meet," ring loud in my ears.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
"jihadist" and other words

I've got a better word- today's word is irhabeen. That's the Arabic word for terrorist (ie. someone who recklessly kills and destroys for their own goals).

Sure, there are various Western and Middle Eastern cultural connotations to the word jihad (a root word that means struggle), but calling someone a jihadi/jihadist is vaguely similar to an angry, misguided individual from the other side of the world calling you a crusader (which similarly has many connotations in many cultures)- you'll probably smirk about it, be not at all insulted, and be left scratching your head because they missed the point. On the other hand, irhabeen and terrorist are not badges of honor in any culture.

Food for thought... thanks for listening :)

Bevo16

pilot
Jim,

What goals of "his own" was this guy killing for? He converted to Muslim, went to Yemen, studied Jihad there, and came back and killed 2 American Soldiers. This is a clear extension of what is going on overseas. We are harder to kill over there because we are armed, alert, and in teams. These guys were just standing outside their recruiting station (probably doing some Army HARP duty) and got shot.

This "useful idiot" did not have any goals of his own. That's the problem, and that is exactly who Islam looks to recruit. You don't seen any college students or rich kids blowing themselves up in the market.

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
This guy is a criminal and should be dealt with as such. As much as I hate to give him any credit at all, John Lindh at least had a big enough pair to go fight for his "convictions" instead of pulling some gangster drive-by BS.