• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1/C Aviation Ashore Video...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright guys, here it is.

Got back last week from my 1st Class Midshipman Cruise from North Island. I was assigned to HS-2. The Golden Falcons showed me a good time and we got out to the carrier for about 2 weeks. Got a Prowler flight and Rhino ride while on the Lincoln. Totally awesome!!!

I borrowed a camera from a girl at work b/f I left anticipaing some good stuff...but the time I had out there was unreal!

I know I stole the songs from the Fighter Fling Vids, but in my defense, they were two of my favorites b/f I saw the videos.

Hope you like it. It'll be up for a week.

http://www.ihm-newmelle.org/martys/john_i.wmv

John

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
Nice video. It's making me late for work as I type this. Good choice of music too, though watching the fighter fling videos has made me almost sick of both of those songs. Just out of curiosity, who was the guy who shot you a shaka in the Hornet? Also, how would you compare the feeling of speed in a jet and a helo?

Ryoukai said:
...Just out of curiosity, who was the guy who shot you a shaka in the Hornet? Also, how would you compare the feeling of speed in a jet and a helo?

Do you mean when I made the Sign of the Cross to bless myself b/f the launch? I saw an AO bless himself three times b/f we launched...reminded me that doing the same was probably a good idea. ;)

Jet speed = look at gauges and go, "oh, that's how fast we're going" b/c you are so high up. Now once you get back down to the boat you can tell you are moving.

Helo speed = "wow, we're really low and cooking it!" it's a different feeling entirely b/c there's actually stuff to watch go flying by as opposed to just clouds.

Both are very cool!

jai5w4 :icon_smil

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
jai5w4 said:
Do you mean when I made the Sign of the Cross to bless myself b/f the launch? I saw an AO bless himself three times b/f we launched...reminded me that doing the same was probably a good idea. ;)

Jet speed = look at gauges and go, "oh, that's how fast we're going" b/c you are so high up. Now once you get back down to the boat you can tell you are moving.

Helo speed = "wow, we're really low and cooking it!" it's a different feeling entirely b/c there's actually stuff to watch go flying by as opposed to just clouds.

Both are very cool!

Try a 200 ft low level in said Jet. :D

Brett

Ryoukai

jai5w4 said:

Both are very cool!

No, no, I mean the shaka that the person in the back of the Rhino shot at you. It even had a bit of a wiggle, I assume for style points.

My boss (former -46 driver) goes on and on during my breaks about how helos = real speed and jets are, essentially, for sissies. Just wanted to see what somebody who wasn't completely biased and trying to convince me that jets are teh sux0rs thought about the experience. Also, what's with the swinging of the hands on the flight deck? Is that for safety? :)

Ryoukai said:
No, no, I mean the shaka that the person in the back of the Rhino shot at you. It even had a bit of a wiggle, I assume for style points.

My boss (former -46 driver) goes on and on during my breaks about how helos = real speed and jets are, essentially, for sissies. Just wanted to see what somebody who wasn't completely biased and trying to convince me that jets are teh sux0rs thought about the experience. Also, what's with the swinging of the hands on the flight deck? Is that for safety? :)

I assure you, jets are NOT for sissies no matter what that man says. I went into the cruise pretty sure I wanted to go fixed wing, but now, I am really up in the air. Guess I will cross that bridge when I get to it.

Not sure which LT that was in the back with CAG in the other bird. Guess he didn't frequent the Bullet's ready room as much as us mids did. lol

Ya, the safety guys/gals form a bit of a "safety circle" around any spinning prop (ie E/C-2). It just reduces the risk that someone will accidentally walk into a prop.

Ryoukai

^ Oh...there really is a point to them standing around, swinging their arms? I thought it was a hilarious coincidence. Well, I just served myself a fat plate of embarrassment.

Ryoukai

^ If you really want it and have IM, send me a PM and I can get it to you.

Link should work...I just checked it.

I also put the video up on patricksaviation.com but it will be a week or two b/f it shows up.

Jai5w4 :icon_smil

Status
Not open for further replies.