• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1:48 Scale Model Aircraft

Tonkovich.J

I thought I would share with you guys a couple of models that I have recently put together. Its a nice little hobby that I enjoy to help past the time. The first one is VFA-81 circa 2010 cruise aboard the USS Carl Vinson. The second is VF-84 circa 1971 med cruise aboard the USS Roosevelt. Also I'm thinking about doing another model and if you guys have any suggestions about what aircraft and squadron let me know.

p1010004gl.jpg

p1010006pm.jpg

Citation3

Nice work there. The Revell Super Hornet builds up into a nice kit with a little bit of work. You builds look great.

Looks like you enjoy a little light reading as well as your modleing.;)

Tonkovich.J

Nice work there. The Revell Super Hornet builds up into a nice kit with a little bit of work. You builds look great.

Looks like you enjoy a little light reading as well as your modleing.;)

If only it were light reading. I've spent countless hours over the last 4 years with my head in those books.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've spent countless hours over the last 4 years with my head in those books.

JT, I can assure you, that will pay off in the future!

Beautiful models...lacking the talent (+time & patience) that you & Citation have for modeling, I had my Squadron A-4C aircraft model made commercially. Made of Philippine mahogany, I have it proudly displayed at home.:cool:
Model-11.jpgModel   Nameplate.jpg
BzB

Sapper!

Excuse the BS...
If only it were light reading. I've spent countless hours over the last 4 years with my head in those books.

The professor that wrote your Statics and Dynamics books is the head of the Mechanical Engineering Department here at my University. Dr. Hibbler. Sadly he fell off of a ladder this semester and is having a slow recovery. He says he will be back this spring but the students were pretty bummed out about it and I don't blame them. I hate the book but he is a great professor.

Your models look great! I'm no avitator but it looks like a lot of work went into them!

Tonkovich.J

JT, I can assure you, that will pay off in the future!

Beautiful models...lacking the talent (+time & patience) that you & Citation have for modeling, I had my Squadron A-4C aircraft model made commercially. Made of Philippine mahogany, I have it proudly displayed at home.:cool:
View attachment 10674View attachment 10675
BzB

I appreciate the kind words. Also I can attest to my hard work already paying off. I graduate in less than 2 months and hopefully I will be given the opportunity to join the naval aviation community sometime this year.

Tonkovich.J

The professor that wrote your Statics and Dynamics books is the head of the Mechanical Engineering Department here at my University. Dr. Hibbler. Sadly he fell off of a ladder this semester and is having a slow recovery. He says he will be back this spring but the students were pretty bummed out about it and I don't blame them. I hate the book but he is a great professor.

Your models look great! I'm no avitator but it looks like a lot of work went into them!

Let us hope that Dr Hibbeler recovers and will be back in the classroom soon. I know the benefits of having a very good professor and it's a shame that he hasn't been able to teach.

I put a good deal of work into my models. On average it takes several weeks to complete them.