• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1/2 of Dos Gringos at Vance

HuggyU2

None
FYI: Snooze of Dos Gringos is going to play at the Vance O'Club on 11 Jan, 2100 hours.

TheGreatWaldo

pilot
I'd love to go see him. I got to see them a few years ago when Snooze was an IP back at Moody. A couple of us got -38 rides with the 49th when I was in ROTC . Wish I hadn't been so exhausted from the ride so I could've hung out with some of the guys. From what I remember, there were a few Hounds in the squadron too. They had an awesome show at the Mellow Mushroom in Valdosta. I would recommend it to anyone within driving distance.

HuggyU2

None
Didn't mean to sound so pissy. Sorry 'bout that.
But lame or not, it's something to do if you're in town on the 11th. Otherwise, you can go cow tipping. :D

And for what it's worth, I don't own their CD's, nor do I listen to them when given the opportunity. But Fltpay's right: the lyrics to "2's Blind" are great.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Oh Come On...... Their songs are pretty funny. They won't play nationally because they're so aviation specific and it's all a bunch of "inside jokes" for pilots.

Funny nonetheless.

Pags

N/A
pilot
While a lot of it is AF-centric (and jet oriented at that), some of the stuff is funny even to a dumb helo pilot. The fact that their song caused everyone to think their buddy Heat is gay is hysterical.

On a side note, a good friend of mine ended up taxiing 1/2 of Dos Gringos (i'm guessing Snooze) off of the runway while at Moody. I'm waiting for a song about that...

Semper Jump Jet

Ninja smoke...POOF.
pilot
Oh Come On...... Their songs are pretty funny. They won't play nationally because they're so aviation specific and it's all a bunch of "inside jokes" for pilots.

Funny nonetheless.

Agreed, good musicians, funny songs. IF you're stuck in Vance you could do a lot worse.

And wouldn't 1/2 of Dos Gringos be Uno Gringo?

(I'm the only one who was thinking it?)

East

东部
Contributor
Who cares

RetreadRand said:
Been to Vance..it does suck...but so does the lame-ass Air Force...and their jokes

Who cares about your opinion...and your triple set of anchors ;)

HuggyU2

None
RetreadRand said:
No, I love Christmas.
I just hate the Air Force, the trekkies that make it up ...and Vance
Take a Prozac and get over it. We're here to stay (that includes Vance). ;)
Seriously, though, why the big animosity toward the USAF? Or is it just part of your banter?

HuggyU2

None
RetreadRand said:
No banter.
YOU GOT SERVED!!! :)
Fair enough! At least I know where you stand!:icon_tong
For one of my Christmas prayers, I'll ask that you never be forced to take a Joint Staff job. :D

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
If you fly tac jets and you are past form 6 in advanced and "The Wingmen" doesn't make you laugh, I'm not sure I can trust you.

"Knock knock...."
Ahhhh... I'm laughing just thinking about it...