• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

rhansenwa13

Does anyone remember on the test if when your doing the Dichotic Listening is it ODD (Clutch on the throttle) and EVEN (pull trigger on the right) ?
Additionally, the technique of tilting your head to the targeted ear seemed to help for me on the pure listening portion. Once it is incorporated with stick and throttle tracking I just kept my head straight up because tilting made it more difficult to track.

NFHopeful

Good afternoon all,

Fresh off the ASTB. I got nervous and a little click-happy on the UAV, the throttle would only go up at 100%. Thought I was eating it on the OAR, knew I was eating it on the ASTB. My math was like 9 questions, reading took forever and mechanical was pretty straightforward.

Scored a 61 6/5/6

Not sure if I should retake to try for Immediate Select or let it ride, recruiter thinks off to July board with me. What do you all think?

Stobz71

Stobz
First time taking the ASTB, scored 35 4/7/4, was surprised by my low FOFAR score and AQR. Math portion must’ve dumped on me. Working on my commercial pilots license, but feel confident I can really up these scores now that I know the test.

exNavyOffRec

Good afternoon all,

Fresh off the ASTB. I got nervous and a little click-happy on the UAV, the throttle would only go up at 100%. Thought I was eating it on the OAR, knew I was eating it on the ASTB. My math was like 9 questions, reading took forever and mechanical was pretty straightforward.

Scored a 61 6/5/6

Not sure if I should retake to try for Immediate Select or let it ride, recruiter thinks off to July board with me. What do you all think?
If you want to go SNA you need to retake.

NFHopeful

If you want to go SNA you need to retake.
I’m hoping to go SNFO with Supply Corps as a close second choice. It looks like I may meet the I-SEL for SC actually, depending on whether the PA means you need a graduate degree or if you only need a graduate degree to supplant the math requirement.

But as an ex O recruiter, sir, would you send this NFO hopeful to board with the 6 AQR and 6 FOFAR or would you have me re-take?

exNavyOffRec

I’m hoping to go SNFO with Supply Corps as a close second choice. It looks like I may meet the I-SEL for SC actually, depending on whether the PA means you need a graduate degree or if you only need a graduate degree to supplant the math requirement.

But as an ex O recruiter, sir, would you send this NFO hopeful to board with the 6 AQR and 6 FOFAR or would you have me re-take?
If you don't have the math requirement then a graduate degree will negate the math requirement, but for the immediate selection you must meet the math requirement.

If going for SNFO you could give it a shot and see what happens.