• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

09 Oct 2011

fjauliveld

I'm actually going to be in town on the 7th. My orders have a report no later than date of 8 OCT, so I'm not taking any chances.

fjauliveld

The OCS website says that's one of the lodges on base. Does that mean you'll have to go through whatever gate there is and enter the base where OCS is located?

Yes, I will be on the base. I'm currently Active Duty enlisted, so it won't be a problem for me. Don't know if they are allowing civilians to stay there, but wouldn't see why not as you would be under orders.

fjauliveld

Jesse,

Google Navy Gateway Inn, from there you can select the location and bring up the phone contact info to make a reservation.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
If there is room, you're more than welcome to make a reservation. They will just ask to see a copy of your orders. They're very familiar when it comes to dealing with OCS candidates.

pensfan341

I haven't received my orders yet, has everybody already got em?

I have already been changed twice (was originally July 16, and then sept 25) and I am really hoping I don't get moved again. Sitting on your ass for 4 months can get old.

I plan on getting to Newport on Oct 7 and staying with a friend until I report on the 9th.

How is everyones physical fitness and how much gouge do you have memorized?

Crazy*Carl

For those of you guys who are flying, how do you plan on getting from the providence airport to Newport. I was told to get a taxi and keep the receipt and the Navy will reimburse, but that's gotta be one expensive taxi ride.

R

russellf54

I called Chalet and civilians can stay there on official orders...

I plan to get there on the 8th by plane and take a taxi (navy site rec's cozy cab and some others that are allowed on base so I may try them)

R

russellf54

I haven't received my orders yet, has everybody already got em?

I have already been changed twice (was originally July 16, and then sept 25) and I am really hoping I don't get moved again. Sitting on your ass for 4 months can get old.

I plan on getting to Newport on Oct 7 and staying with a friend until I report on the 9th.

How is everyones physical fitness and how much gouge do you have memorized?
I have been changed twice and have no orders...yet. I have been told this date is solid for me but I've heard that before lol.

As far as physical fitness I've been running a lot through college and I stay in marathon shape, swim, and calisthenics. I been trying to stay in shape because I was supposed to leave in June and a bunch of other dates. I haven't looked at gouge yet because I work a lot right now and I have off 1.5 weeks before OCT 9 and I will study then.