3/28/2027, Easter Sunday weekend.For those of you who heard back last week or so as ISELs, what are your ship dates?
3/28/2027, Easter Sunday weekend.For those of you who heard back last week or so as ISELs, what are your ship dates?
YesI'm seeing different perspectives everywhere? Should i be mentally preparing to not hear anything/ get selected for months?
ouch...
Expect to hear back Jan-Mar with a date late summer or early fall. You might hear back earlier or get an earlier date but prepare for a scenario where it’ll be about a year before you get to Newport.ouch...
Expect to hear back Jan-Mar with a date late summer or early fall. You might hear back earlier or get an earlier date but prepare for a scenario where it’ll be about a year before you get to Newport.
Hate to break it to you, but it might be more than a year. I applied in June and my projected OCS date is sometime in FY28. That's a year and a half at the earliest. Of course, the dates are subject to change.Yeah I figured that was the reality, just didn't wanna swallow that pill
Are you an off the street applicant or fleet applicant? Dang I might start to study for the AFOQT/TBAS at this pointHate to break it to you, but it might be more than a year. I applied in June and my projected OCS date is sometime in FY28. That's a year and a half at the earliest. Of course, the dates are subject to change.
Street. Haha funny you say; I actually took AFOQT/TBAS because I was waiting sooooo long for my PRO REC, and thought it fell through for whatever reason. My friends who went with the Air Force heard back much faster.Are you an off the street applicant or fleet applicant? Dang I might start to study for the AFOQT/TBAS at this point
Hahaha hello there, congrats on your selection! Funny you should say, I actually initially went through this whole process two years ago with the USAF in mind, then discovered the Navy ISEL route...Street. Haha funny you say; I actually took AFOQT/TBAS because I was waiting sooooo long for my PRO REC, and thought it fell through for whatever reason. My friends who went with the Air Force heard back much faster.
3/28/2027, Easter Sunday weekend.
I am going for SNFO, so I got the OCS date immediately. I think it's because it's less crowded than SNA. I believe FY28 starts in July 2027, so you will just have to wait few more month.Hahaha hello there, congrats on your selection! Funny you should say, I actually initially went through this whole process two years ago with the USAF in mind, then discovered the Navy ISEL route...
Ended up completing all of the testing (AFOQT/TBAS and ASTB) at the same time and getting great scores in both, but after applying to last year's October OTS board and being a non-select, I realized quickly that an SNA ISEL slot is THE golden ticket to dream fulfillment without further delaying the process, and went all in...
That is until now that I've been finally notifed of my PRO-REC-Y, but also warned by my recruiter that many folks are getting OCS dates in 2028 hahaha like, holy smokes! Makes the June 2027 OTS board look incredibly appealing...
Lol all jokes aside I can't wait to get a date!
Say, a question to you all, about how much longer after receiving your PRO-REC-Ys did you guys get your OCS dates?
Currently waiting on that now, and excited to see if I'll be waiting much longer - hopefully not too long though. Thanks to everyone, and best of luck!
October of 2027. Gotta wait a yearI am going for SNFO, so I got the OCS date immediately. I think it's because it's less crowded than SNA. I believe FY28 starts in July 2027, so you will just have to wait few more month.
Got mine about 15 seconds after I was notified. I am also active duty so that probably had something to do with itHahaha hello there, congrats on your selection! Funny you should say, I actually initially went through this whole process two years ago with the USAF in mind, then discovered the Navy ISEL route...
Ended up completing all of the testing (AFOQT/TBAS and ASTB) at the same time and getting great scores in both, but after applying to last year's October OTS board and being a non-select, I realized quickly that an SNA ISEL slot is THE golden ticket to dream fulfillment without further delaying the process, and went all in...
That is until now that I've been finally notifed of my PRO-REC-Y, but also warned by my recruiter that many folks are getting OCS dates in 2028 hahaha like, holy smokes! Makes the June 2027 OTS board look incredibly appealing...
Lol all jokes aside I can't wait to get a date!
Say, a question to you all, about how much longer after receiving your PRO-REC-Ys did you guys get your OCS dates?
Currently waiting on that now, and excited to see if I'll be waiting much longer - hopefully not too long though. Thanks to everyone, and best of luck!
OCS classes for FY28 selects start in end of JulyOctober of 2027. Gotta wait a year
Weird. Recruiter told me that pilot was pushed until the next fy start in October of 27. July/August sounds a lot better than October if that’s the caseOCS classes for FY28 selects start in end of July