• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

06 Jan 2013

bdr2489

60R Pilot
pilot
I'm impressed... didn't know that was possible in our modern world haha. You guys have plans to drive or fly? I'm pretty sure I'll be driving, getting in on Saturday sometime.

Would if I had FB. I am driving as of now. The logistics of it all and preparation Still hasn't hit me 100% since I am still working 60 hours a week. 1 week to go!

smiley7454

Hey Everybody, I just go the call two days ago and I'm set for this class as well. I'm really excited. Is there anybody in the San Diego area that would like to get together and do some workouts a couple days a week?

I think I'm going to plan to drive up, I know it is a long way from me but I think it will be worth it.

Also I don't have a FB page or I would definitely join the group.

23/Male/Non-Prior/SWO/San Diego State University

Kay

I am also driving up, not to bad of a drive from Maryland. I think I am getting up there Friday evening some time. Have you all started looking at Hotels or where to stay until Sunday?

bdr2489

60R Pilot
pilot
Haven't really looked yet - I've got a friend about an hour away from Newport that I might be staying with Saturday night, but haven't figured all that out.

That is a great question. Done with my job at the end of the week so I will have to look into that as well. Feel free to shout if you find a good place with open reservations. I know this has been talked about on this forum so I definitely will be looking around here. I believe I also read we also get reimbursed for driving to OCS....and the hotel the night before?

ramos7402

Also got rid of Facebook. My wife and I are driving up to a hotel Saturday from outside of Philadelphia.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

bdr2489

60R Pilot
pilot
No problem ramos7402! Sounds pretty similar to my plan - driving with my Fiance from Ohio.

I believe I also read we also get reimbursed for driving to OCS....and the hotel the night before?

From what my OR tells me - we'll fill out a travel form with hotel costs, mileage costs, etc when we get there to get reimbursed. I've seen reference in some other forums about receiving a flat perdiem per day while driving to OCS, so I'm sure which is correct or how we eventually get the money. Can anyone else shed light on the subject?

ramos7402

I laugh everytime I see this..

And this..

Can't wait

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353090465785.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353090465785.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 48

USCGSSO

28 yo
6 years prior service Coast Guard, Aviation Electronics Technician 3rd Class, HU-25 Falcon Sensor Systems Operator, 711.7 flight hours
OAR 58, 7/7/8 -bad eyes so going for SWO
3.95 GPA BA in History from Bridgewater State University, MA
PAT: currently at 'Good' standards on all
letters from 2 former CO's (an O-4 and an O-8), and the Coast Guard's Chief of Strategic Communication (O-5)
Phoenix native and current Mass. resident.

hopefully hearing good news from the December board: told to possibly be prepared for 06 Jan class.

cans

Well it's good to finally see some new faces. I was told back in July I got a Jan. Thought maybe they lied to me because no one else was quick to post the same date. Right now I'm on the DEP, but I graduate in 2 weeks and then OCS in 6. Can't believe it still. I don't have FB anymore and I'll also be driving up Saturday. If anyone finds a good hotel I think it would be cool to book the same place or nearby and we could all meet up that night if people want to. Afterall we will all be going through the same hell for 12 weeks.