• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

05 January 2002 OCS Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

O-man

Man- I normaly read this Navy OCS stuff with mild interest but that "Mouth shout, eyes strait ears locked eye sir" brings me back to Parris Island- Be glad your not getting thrown into footlockers every time you get within arms reach or a DI. And I remeber "Keep your maggot eyes off of that Motivated platoon- I dont want you INfecting them!" I love that bootcamp trash..... Its such grreat times. Have fun and good luck to whoever is going soon. Samper Fi- O-man

SNA Russell

Dear Santa,

For Christmas this year I'd like:

1) To recite the Big Three backwards and forwards in multiple languages

2) To be able to do 80 sit-ups in two minutes

3) To be able to do 80 push-ups in two minutes

4) To be able to run 1.5 miles in nine minutes

5) An extra-large bottle of invisible juice

6) And if it's not too much, I'd like to graduate from OCS in 13 weeks.

Thanks Santa. You're the greatest.

-Rory

Michaela

1. Hey Rory, can you add my name to the botton of that list before you send it?

2. Anyone have any idea how the whole haircut thing works for us famales? Any advice besides bring lots of gel? I'm wondering if I should cut it before I go or if i can leave it a little long as long as I keep it off my shoulders and slicked back?

Michaela

OCS in Jan!

Michaela

Exactly what I wanted to know... although not necessarily the answer I wanted. I was told that we don't have to cut it, but I guess that's fair right? At least I won't have to shave it all off. Besdides, I've been "tomboyishly short" before and it wasn't so bad.
Thanks.

OCS in Jan!

magnum

I have a question concerning "WHAT TO BRING".

UNDERWEAR-Is this personal preference? By that I mean I hate wearing underwear "LOL" (Just Kidding). They do not mention any certain type -I can not stand "tighty whities". Are boxer briefs exceptable? Also do they need to be white? I prefer black or gray. I haven't heard otherwise so I am assuming they will be ok-(I know ASSUMPTIONS can be deadly) that is why I would like some clarification on this from those of you who have experienced the "HOUSE OF PAIN". (old USMC joke). Also I would like to know a good brand for a "NAVY TYPE BLANKET" that major department stores' might carry. Also someone mentioned about -white t-shirts-call me strange but I cannot stand t-shirts where the neckline or ribbing becomes stretched after a few uses-which looks absolutely horrible. I know there is a brand out there that the neckline maintains it's form and presents a tight uniform fit around the neck but I cannot remember what brand(I know it is not HANES OR FRUIT OF THE LOOM)Call me anal but I'm just having a flashback from my USMC days. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Also are electric razors used later in training? I know straight disposable razors are required initially-but when one becomes a candy-O-can they use electric-The reason why I say this is if one has to shave everyday-that can really "chop up" the face-for those of you who know what I mean. And by the way-totally going off of the subject-but what uniform is the one I have seen in pictures that is almost black in color and has a necktie(not dress blues) I think it is the winter working uniform? I noticed the picture on the OCS website-where a candidate is possibly preparing for inspection in his room. Again it is a black long sleeve shirt with black necktie and white dress cover-black slacks as well-(I thought I knew all of the officer uniforms but this one gives me a brain f@%t).

gsamelon

hey all -

i should add my name the list to class of jan 5'ers but i still haven't recieved my orders. recruiting office tells me that i will report this date according to computers but actual orders still haven't arrived. anyway, good luck to you all.

- greg

Michaela

Hey Greg,
I have been wondering when my orders were coming too. I believe they tried to deliver them Sat, but I was at my graduation so wasn't here to sign for them. I'm going to take a trip to the post office tomorrow to see if it's them. It was certified mail, letter size envelope so probably is. Finally we'll find out our class number. BTW, a couple of us so far are getting there a little early and staying at the same hotel. let me know if you're interested. Hopefully all your "preparations" are going well (memorization, big 3, etc).

OCS in Jan!

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Magnum-
Briefs are required. You can't possibly PT with boxers on. Also, I think the best t-shirts are Jockey's. The ones I had at OCS are the ones I wear now. That is of course the first week's pair. Mine are still stenciled. Also, an electric razor is fine except for the first week. You don't have to wait until you're a Candi-O to use it. As far as a blanket goes, the current policy is that you MUST sleep between your sheets. Therefore a blanket is not neccessary unless you get cold at night. Just get any kind of blanket that keeps you warm. It really doesn't matter the type.
The uniform you refer to is the Winter Working Blues. That is the season's liberty uniform and so therefore you use it for your 4th week RLP. During the warmer months the liberty uniform is the summer whites. Of course it is only in the low 70s now. The black uniforms make you look like a cop out on the town.

gsamelon

ITS OFFICIAL - I finally got my orders to report 05 Jan 2002. Pretty cool. Totally stressed though about getting all my crap(paperwork) together before i go. For those of you that just graduated, what are you doing about transcripts? I know they want our official transcripts, but i don't think that they will be ready in time. Our grades at Arizona State are not totally reported yet, then the registrar office is closed next week. SUCK! Oh well, maybe I'll show up without them and then get to run an extra 500 miles around P-cola. That would be fun. REAL FUN.

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
quote:
For those of you that just graduated, what are you doing about transcripts? I know they want our official transcripts, but i don't think that they will be ready in time. Our grades at Arizona State are not totally reported yet, then the registrar office is closed next week.

Congrats on receiving your orders. Regarding transcripts, I was in the same boat. Our teaching assistants decided to go on strike at the great University of Washington, and I was due at OCS the week after graduation. I showed up without a transcript, and other than some inquisitive looks by Candio's ("hey, our sheet says you need to have a transcript... I'm gonna have to call this one in! Send it right up the chain!"), I had no problem. I finally was issued a transcript in like the 8th week, and I had it sent straight to my recruiter. He then forwarded it to the proper place.

spidrwmn

gsamelon,

I just checked my grades ( fellow sun devil here ) and they were all up this morning. I don't know if everyone's are up today, but you may want to check again.

- spider

magnum

KMAC--

Thank You for replying -the information is appreciated. Winter Working Blues? Do officers have this uniform and when is it permitted to wear--liberty? after hours? on the town?

Kraftwerk

quote:

When you 13-02er's get there, ask around (when you get time) about 13-01 from last year. I think LT Barnes is still there and have him tell ya about the trouble we got into. But we were also big time GAMERS!!
When push came to shove we performed and thats what saved us. We still have our share of the Drill Comp record.. a 107.

Snowman! What's up dude?
I was watching the ubiquitous tape that Fernando made of our drillcomp, and suffice to say, we still rule.
Take heed, poopies. You should at least strive to achieve some level of 13-01's performance.
LT Barnes is still there, ran into him at Traders on Halloween. Where you at, what's happening?

The Foz

Status
Not open for further replies.