• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

05 January 2002 OCS Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

airwinger

pilot
EOD Dave-I'm also graduating from UF this december, but I'm hoping to go to Marine Corp OCS. DO you work out at southwest rec?
Kwame

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Yeah,

I'm usually there at 0900 MTW mornings. I also work in the VA office at UF (222 Criser, by the registrars counter 2nd floor).

Dave

Michaela

OK,OK, I'm finally here, Rory. I have no internet at my house anymore so I rarely get to check email more than once a week and when I do it has to be quick.
Anyway, hello all you other 05 JAN people! It's getting close. Sounds like we have some good gouge up here... I'm definately taking notes. So what's everyone's story? Where from? What do? And all that good stuff.
Michaela

OCS in Jan!

SNA Russell

Hey Guys,

I've heard that our class number is 02-05. And our graduation date is 05 April 2002. Have any of you heard the same? I don't completely trust my recruiter.

-Rory

Michaela

quote:
Hey Guys,

I've heard that our class number is 02-05. And our graduation date is 05 April 2002. Have any of you heard the same? I don't completely trust my recruiter.

-Rory

OCS in Jan!

Michaela

I called today and was told the 05 JAN class # is 02-99. Like you, Rory, I don't completely trust my "recruiter" either. Since my initial recruiter transferred to Millington and they've got me hooked now, I've been handed off to a civilian employee who doesn't seem to always know what's going on (although he tries to be helpful). I should recieve my orders in a week or so, so I'm waiting to see what they say. I'll let you know.
Michaela

OCS in Jan!

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Class 13-02 is currently the poopie class... the one after that will be 14-02 and so on... Have fun guys.

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
Tahoe wrote that on my account. I'm not too mad, though, cause he has to get up at 5 am and do the lighthouse run with half a Papa John's xlarge in him, while I get to sleep it off.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
By any luck Ms. Judy at the NEX will ruin everything for you by explaining what takes place during the first week. Let me tell you I've seen one class who got pounded because of her. It's not any fun. In fact, for all of you early January folks... just ask how class 09-02 enjoyed it!

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Matt,

How bout them Gators
Good game but....
Hope that Miami puts a hurtin on those girls in the Rose Bowl

Dave

Edited by - eoddave on 12/04/2001 22:52:39

Dave Shutter

Well hello everyone...

I gotta agree with Matt on that one...OCS is secret for a reason, and to be honest with you, all the inside info on the world isn't going to help you out any. You have to get up every day and perform no matter what, your class (you + 50 strangers) has to gel as a team or your toast and the curriculum is always changing. I met with Vicki when I got down here (she picked me up at the airport-followed by the Aviation Musuem and Seville Quarter the night before check-in, very motivating!!!) and I've seen a ton of differences between what she told me and what I've experienced so far, your Chief/DI controls everything you do and they all do things their own way.

I no longer wonder why the only info I could get on getting ready for OCS was: "Get in shape and learn your big 3!" Because that's really all you can do. Outside of that the only advice I coud give is:

Mouth: SHUT
Ears: OPEN
Eyes: LOCKED
Gut: IN
Fingers: CURLED

...all that plus not screwing up and being ballistic will give you the greatest ability in all of OCS: INVISIBILITY

Hey EODDAVE: You will be in lovely Poopie class 14-02, we will probably be marching by you at some poiint and you will know who we are when your INDOC staff screams at you not to eyeball us as we are a senior class, but that's okay cuz were one big happy family down here!

Week 6 for us is in the can as of today...week 7 up next, Navigation, OUT-PFA and then a little X-mas break. We come back for two weeks of classes and then it's Candidate Officer status for us. Can't wait.

OC Shutter, USNR
OCS Class 11-02

Status
Not open for further replies.