• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

04 MAR 19 IWC BOARD

exNavyOffRec

it is my understanding that the 6 month wait has been waived during this manning crisis but make sure to find a source on it.

Strange how since like 2000 there has always been talk of a manning "crisis", selection rate 30% there is a "crisis", selection rate 10% sill a "crisis", if there was truly a crisis you wouldn't see so many people getting turned away.

The issue is retention, not accessions.

exNavyOffRec

Lets rephrase, the 2025 manning goals have made accessions a priority.

for those that have been on recruiting duty this is not news, it is just that they are making it known, realistically adding ships adds just a few new officers needed via OCS, for instance if a new CVN was dropped in our laps the number of JO nukes needed would equate to like 4 or 5 more through OCS when you take into account the fair share that NROTC and USNA gets.

This is probably a PR ploy knowing how the USN and NRC has done PR things in the past.

JLew

Are all the new pilot reports of UFO sightings scaring away sailors? I still haven't come across any alien questions on any of my screening questionnaires...

How cool would it be for the US government to confirm contact/relationships the same year we pieced together our first photo of a black hole?

"1500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was the center of the universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat. And 15 minutes ago, you knew that people were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K

Last edited:

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
absolutely, they opened up a highway for RC to AC. I guess you could call this recovery and accessions. But when you are talking about getting to the 355 yeah we don't have the man power for what we have.

Your point is extremely flawed.

First, the road to 355 is a long one. Ships aren't built overnight as are various commands needing to accommodate the growth. Last I checked, the number to 355 will be achieved somewhere around year 2035 and 2040.

The biggest point of them all... administrations change. Not only SECNAV or SECDEF, but the President itself. The Ronald Reagan area of military growth in the 80s completely reversed in the 90s with the Clinton administration. Ditto with the 2000s between the Bush and Obama eras. Without getting too political, I would say having the same administration policy stay that long between now and 20-30 years from now is just short of impossible. Offices change, and eventually there will be a new head of charge that will change the current policy.