• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

03 DEC 18 IWC BOARD

wakefijw

Thanks. I'm not sure how this happened, given that Navy Esq. was selected in the last board - and his scores are lower than mine. (No offense intended to Navy Esq. I'm very happy for him that he got in.)

Assuming that I can get an O-5 interview or higher by April, then I'll probably apply yet again for Navy Intel, though I have little hope for the 3rd time around. I'll have to apply for other options as well. Hopefully something will work out.
How many did they take this time around? Last quarter they picked a lot more then usual, so it might be best to try applying at the beginning of the fiscal year (October).

Law_to_1830

How many did they take this time around? Last quarter they picked a lot more than usual, so it might be best to try applying at the beginning of the fiscal year (October).

I have no idea how many they chose this time around. I asked my OR about it, and he said he didn't know.

That's a good thought. I agree. I should probably wait until the first board of FY2020.

In the meantime, it would be wise for me to apply for the other branches and the three letter agencies. The Navy is still by far my 1st choice. However, prudence dictates not putting all your eggs in one basket.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

How many did they take this time around? Last quarter they picked a lot more then usual, so it might be best to try applying at the beginning of the fiscal year (October).

search and read so you understand how the FY actually relates to quotas and selections.

exNavyOffRec

I have no idea how many they chose this time around. I asked my OR about it, and he said he didn't know.

That's a good thought. I agree. I should probably wait until the first board of FY2020.

In the meantime, it would be wise for me to apply for the other branches and the three letter agencies. The Navy is still by far my 1st choice. However, prudence dictates not putting all your eggs in one basket.

Do we know when the first FY2020 board will be?

See my other post

djr101

Wow, so I got the news a couple hours ago that I got PROREC-Y for 1830. That puts me in a very interesting position given that my stats and background never could hold up to those like like Law_to_1830 and RadRad13. It's very humbling and I wish best of luck to you both (and others) with your future endeavors, because I am sure if you don't get this in a future board, that you will get something else that was worth the wait and journey to that point. This is all some crazy stuff.

Law_to_1830

Wow, so I got the news a couple hours ago that I got PROREC-Y for 1830. That puts me in a very interesting position given that my stats and background never could hold up to those like Law_to_1830 and RadRad13. It's very humbling and I wish best of luck to you both (and others) with your future endeavors, because I am sure if you don't get this in a future board, that you will get something else that was worth the wait and journey to that point. This is all some crazy stuff.

Congratulations! Perhaps they liked your Russian/International Relations major.

I still have no idea why I wasn't selected - except perhaps that they simply don't want attorneys. Yet Navy, Esq. (another attorney) got in last time with scores lower than mine. I'll just have to keep applying for things. Hopefully, I'll get something eventually.

Congrats again, and thank you for the well-wishes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 67144 scul

I still have no idea why I wasn't selected - except perhaps that they simply don't want attorneys. Yet Navy, Esq. (another attorney) got in last time with scores lower than mine.

I'm very sorry about the bad news. Could you could ask your OR if they can check if feedback is available? I wouldn't be surprised if the board was looking at things in spite of you being an attorney, your resume, or how expertly written and convincing your motivational statement was.

Law_to_1830

I'm very sorry about the bad news. Could you could ask your OR if they can check if feedback is available? I wouldn't be surprised if the board was looking at things in spite of you being an attorney, your resume, or how expertly written and convincing your motivational statement was.

Thanks - though like RUFiO181 said, they never provide feedback.

I'm always open to advice from experienced personnel, and I'd be happy to run my Motivational Statement, Resume, or anything else past anyone here who is better plugged into the Navy Intel arena than I am.

But I'd rather not turn this thread into an autopsy on my application. There are plenty of other applicants here that deserve a chance to announce their good or bad news.

exNavyOffRec

It could have been a bad gouge, but my OR said that if you had a letter of recommendation from an O-7 or higher, that the board would need to give that recommender a reason why you weren't selected.

not true, I have had people turned down with LOR's from RADM to VADM, it is all the same, just a "N"

exNavyOffRec

Thanks - though like RUFiO181 said, they never provide feedback.

I'm always open to advice from experienced personnel, and I'd be happy to run my Motivational Statement, Resume, or anything else past anyone here who is better plugged into the Navy Intel arena than I am.

But I'd rather not turn this thread into an autopsy on my application. There are plenty of other applicants here that deserve a chance to announce their good or bad news.

This goes back to the data pulled years ago, and that is the odds of a person getting selected is the first board, the exception being a person that applies with a UG degree, then gets a graduate degree.

travis.trego

I still haven't heard yet! Is it possible that applicants from the military side are going to hear back later? Watching all these fellows get results back is making me anxious about not knowing.