• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

01 MAR 15

Whitefoot

None
I don't know a good thread for that, I would ask someone who has just recently gone through (Dangy I think?) All I can find is that you should have access to your bank account for various expenses throughout OCS. Give yourself $1,000. Yes that is a number I just pulled out of the jar. :)

Also, I think the Choker Whites look pretty shnazzy.

Last edited:

nrodda90

SWOtivated
I don't know the class number, but we are slated to graduate on May 22. So I guess that means choker whites will be worn at graduation.

Also, does anyone know what expenses I should budget for at OCS, or maybe direct me to a thread that discusses this?
So it is going to be a little less then a 12 week program?

Surf

pilot
http://www.ocs.navy.mil/ocs_uniform.asp

Says to bring an additional $1,000 for uniforms. I think after talking to my buddy that uniforms were around 1200 extra. I'd bring ~1,500 if you can afford to do so. That's what I'm planning for.
You are going to get paid E-5 (Nukes get E-6) while being there, and get about $1800 as a uniform allowance. You don't pay the tab until week 12 so you should have enough money by then pending you don't blow it all on Candio lib. You won't have access to your banking institutions until week 9, but bring enough cash or a credit card for NEX runs. Unless you bank with NFCU, then you could go to the branch next to the NEX.

PhoJoe

Just wanted to send a virtual "wave hi." I will also be joining the 01MAR class. I'll be driving from San Diego to RI. Do any of the other priors know, specifically, what uniform items we can bring with so we don't have to pay for them again? Thanks in advance.

Whitefoot

None
Just wanted to send a virtual "wave hi." I will also be joining the 01MAR class. I'll be driving from San Diego to RI. Do any of the other priors know, specifically, what uniform items we can bring with so we don't have to pay for them again? Thanks in advance.
As a prior from another service, I would assume that you would bring ones that transfer to officer and are of the highest inspection quality.

Farmer Bob

Just a simple man.
Hey guys, I am not a 100% positive you can trade class dates but if it is would anyone be interested in February 8th? I kid you not I found out last night and while I am radiating excitement I have a pretty good sized to do list to take care of in just 30 days. I feel like Ferris Bueller racing his parents home haha. If interested message me, Monday my recruiter is going to talk to the Program manager to see if I can be bumped back.

Lancerr1

I'm up to go early if you're willing to swap spots! it puts me on a short timeline but I'm ready to go as soon as I can! My name is John Richards.