• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

01 feb 09

USNMark

Just found out about this site recently.....wish i had found it before but i'm set for the 01feb OCS date..........Matt...23...Non-Prior....SNA

Matt, welcome aboard, we're glad to have you. I've been hearing that us aviation guys will go straight to Pcola following graduation... I was originally told we'd be heading home afterwards, but my OR said today, "no, after graduation you'll check in at Pensacola for leadership [and IFS if applicable for you guys] then you can request to go home before API starts." Have you heard anything like that? What the hell does "leadership" mean? (and no don't give me an obvious, smart ass answer haha)

With a bit of an update, here's what the class looks like, from the Airwarriors.com perspective:

Mark 23M SNA Non-prior
sonicboom 22M SNA Non-prior
Sherv 26F Supply Non-prior
Kevin (McBuff) 25M Non-prior SNA
(possibly) Blake (bizlake). 23M SNFO Non-prior
Matt 23M SNA Non-prior

Matt, welcome aboard, we're glad to have you. I've been hearing that us aviation guys will go straight to Pcola following graduation... I was originally told we'd be heading home afterwards, but my OR said today, "no, after graduation you'll check in at Pensacola for leadership [and IFS if applicable for you guys] then you can request to go home before API starts." Have you heard anything like that? What the hell does "leadership" mean? (and no don't give me an obvious, smart ass answer haha)

With a bit of an update, here's what the class looks like, from the Airwarriors.com perspective:

Mark 23M SNA Non-prior
sonicboom 22M SNA Non-prior
Sherv 26F Supply Non-prior
(possibly) Blake (bizlake). 23M SNFO Non-prior
Matt 23M SNA Non-prior

Come one now, Mark, you can use my name. I was just giving you shit.

Longhorn

Mark 23M SNA Non-prior
Chris (sonicboom) 22M SNA Non-prior
Sherv 26F supply Non-prior
Blake (bizlake). Male non prior SNFO

Jeremy- 24m, non prior, SNA.

As mentioned before, I'm the tall one so I wont be hard to miss. Now I just need to get through my final prt tom....

Congrats everyone

Welcome Jeremy and congrats! Make sure to join our group on USNavyOCS.com...there's a facebook group for our class and we're trying to meet up for dinner the night before (Jan 31) for pizza and beer:icon_smil

reggaegenic06

Final Select NFO
what's up everyone. rodney, 26m, non-prior. nfo. february 1st. just found out yesterday.

does anyone know of a good place to read up on -exactly- what we are allowed/should bring w/ us to ocs ??

and does anyone else have a problem w/ shin splints ? i've been running my ass off the last few months. but i still get shin splints occasionally...

USNMark

what's up everyone. rodney, 26m, non-prior. nfo. february 1st. just found out yesterday.

does anyone know of a good place to read up on -exactly- what we are allowed/should bring w/ us to ocs ??

and does anyone else have a problem w/ shin splints ? i've been running my ass off the last few months. but i still get shin splints occasionally...

This along with anything your recruiter gives you should be your Bible until you arrive with us at OCS. At that link you'll find all the Admin docs you need to bring, what clothes/personal items you can bring, where to stay until Sunday, where to go for check-in, etc.

If you're getting shin splints, then don't run your ass off. You should prepare, and prepare well, but don't overdo it. You want to arrive in one piece, not about to fall apart.

Oh and congrats Rodney! Glad to have you with us

Hi Rodney, welcome. I'd check out www.usnavyocs.com. We've got a thread over there entitled 01 Feb 09 and if you email Larry (lhforocs) he can send you a list of our contact info. See you soon!

http://www.usnavyocs.com/portal/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6329

McBuff

Sees the light
Thanks boom. Guess I was wrong about the Eagles huh... Oh well, one less thing to worry about next Sunday!

USNMark

So are we going to be class 14-09 or what? I couldn't get any sort of answer from my recruiter, he didn't have a clue. Anyone know for sure? I have a lot of people asking me about my address but that part is missing...

nugget61

pilot
^ To piggyback on Mark, is there a calendar that I can look at for the start dates of OCS? I didn't see any on the OCS website.