• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

0-1e?

Status
Not open for further replies.

semperfi1812

Alpha Co '04
Hey for those who know. I was wondering if there is anybody out there that can shed some light on the "E" payscale for prior enlisted folks. I have heard that reservists get it from my OSO office, but I think they are wrong. I was looking on the payscale and it said you have to have like 1400 some odd points to get that pay scale. What are those points? Does anybody have any experience with this?

Semper Fi.

KBayDog

semperfi1812 said:
Hey for those who know. I was wondering if there is anybody out there that can shed some light on the "E" payscale for prior enlisted folks. I have heard that reservists get it from my OSO office, but I think they are wrong. I was looking on the payscale and it said you have to have like 1400 some odd points to get that pay scale. What are those points? Does anybody have any experience with this?

Semper Fi.

From the current payscale (from DFAS), regarding 01-03E:

"Applicable to O-1 to O-3 with at least 4 years & 1 day of active duty or 1460 points as a warrant and/or enlisted member. See DoDFMR for more detailed explanation on who is eligible for this special basic pay rate."

KBayDog

But hey - hope this makes you feel better (from MCO P1050.3H):

"5. Death of a Marine. A Marine who dies while on leave shall not be
charged for leave on the day death occurs."

jdfairman

PHROGS 4EVER
To keep it short and simple, you have to have been on active duty four years to get O-1E pay. You'll get credit for your reserve time, however you will not ever rate the "E" pay. For example, if you spent 5 years in the reserves before commissioning, you'll be paid as an O1 with 5 years time in service. If you spend 5 years on active duty before commissioning, you'll be paid as an O1E with 5 years in service.

Status
Not open for further replies.