• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

0-1 Salary

Status
Not open for further replies.

unfUSN

I was just thinking about paying my monthly bills and... does anyone know how much we should expect to be making our first year or two? Including salary and other payments??

ATP

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) Website on Military Pay:
http://www.dfas.mil/money/milpay/

Paychart in PDF format:
http://www.dfas.mil/money/milpay/pay/07-2001.pdf

Ensign O1 Monthly Pay with less than 2 years of service
(based off of the July 01 Pay Chart at DFAS)

BASE PAY 1997.70
BAS 160.42 (subsistence allowance for food)
FLIGHT PAY 125.00 (you recieve this when you start Primary)
BAH 426.30 (basic allowance for housing)**
====================

** You don't recieve this when you are quartered in the BOQ, I also used the single rate. This rate changes based upon where you are stationed.

The next pay raise to expect would be at the two year mark when you make LTJG O2, over 2 years.

Excerpt from the Paychart:

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
I was under the imprestion that hasidous duty pay was in there? or does that not apply for flight school?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Hazardous duty pay only comes in when you are in a combat zone.

Dave Shutter

John...did you make O-1E? My rec' was prior and said he missed it by a few mths. when he shipped off to Annapolis. It doesn't look like much more $$ is you already have a few yrs already. I know I'm looking forward to earning 0-1 with over 2 yrs in.

...two week wait now in NJ. Sigh.

D

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
O-2E pay is awesome! One note on the hasardous duty pay. You do not have to serve in a combat zone to get it. We got it when we pulled into Cartagena, Columbia on deployment last July. I believe it was $175.00. And we were only there for three days! No shots were fired, yet we were still eligible to receive it.

--Steve Wilkins

twidget

Deskaholic
Yeah, that O-1E over 12 should be a nice step up from E-6. From E-6 to O-3E (4 years) it's over $30K increase in base pay and BAH, but who's counting?

We anchored off Cartagena to refuel twice in 10 days and got hazardous duty pay twice, once for Sept, once for Oct. Wasn't real hazardous in my opinion, since we had a kick-@ss time there on liberty a couple of months earlier. $8 all you can drink, baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.