• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

“Bitchin’ Betty” Retires (F-18)

Renegade One

None
Apparently Bitchin' Betty (or at least the F-18 version) is retiring.

S/F,
usmcecho4
Too cool to learn that it's a no-kidding actual person's voice. I would have thought it was a robo-Siri type thing. Never had voice warnings in the jets I was in.

jmcquate

Contributor
I would have thought it was a robo-Siri type thing.
I think the original one was when the Air Force put the system into F-16s to assist guys coming from F-4s getting used to a rapid onset of Gs using fly-by wire. Seem to recall that there was a study that concluded that male pilots responded best to a female voice...........you know biology and all.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I think the original one was when the Air Force put the system into F-16s to assist guys coming from F-4s getting used to a rapid onset of Gs using fly-by wire. Seem to recall that there was a study that concluded that male pilots responded best to a female voice...........you know biology and all.
Female voice causes a boner which pushes the stick forward unloading the airplane and reducing the Gs.

Makes sense....

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Pretty cool lady it seems, but how on earth was that a career for her…….just in terms of tasking? Record 20 seconds of audio, then hang for several decades in case another recording is required? I would have to imagine she had another job at the company but the video doesn't cover that.

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
She had lots of other jobs. She was working on CBTs for a while. Like they mention, the voice thing was just a right chick in the right place. I met her in St. Louis and knew it was her before I even asked her. Of course we asked her to do all of the voices and she was more than happy to oblige.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Unless you are German.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I do like that as soon as she said she wanted to "say goodbye to the girls" they flashed to an F/A-18F……the real girl model :)