• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fuck you OPM!

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Welcome to the club... I haven't gotten mine yet (this time) but I'm sure I will... Every day someone else I know gets one.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
My roommates and I all got our letters today. One of them said "Well at least we get free credit monitoring." My response was "Yeah, and all it cost you was your 'name, SSN, address, date and place of birth,' and everything else you spent a billion hours putting in that packet." What a bargain.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I pity the poor Chinese guy that had to read my boring-ass SF86.

In all honesty, I'd rather that be the case. Yes, they're looking for people to compromise which may or may not be realistic however, they're less likely to use our personal info for monetary reasons (unlike Russian mobsters, etc). It's less identity theft and more state secrets. From what I've gathered.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Got my letter today. From what they put in as being compromised, there's not much that a data thief doesn't potentially know about my background now. :(

robav8r

None
Contributor
I wonder of anyone at OPM will be held accountable or will voluntarily resign. I wonder if anyone in the administration will continue to address this, publicly, and keep the service members and their families appraised of ongoing efforts to ensure this doesn't happen again. Yes, I know, keep drinking . . . . .