• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

7 August 2011

lowster

I hear there are a lot of SNA's going in this class, let's find out. August 7th seems so far away, but I'm sure it will be here before we know it.

Brad.........21...........SNA......Mount Pleasant, MI

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
I hear there are a lot of SNA's going in this class, let's find out. August 7th seems so far away, but I'm sure it will be here before we know it.

Brad.........21...........SNA......Mount Pleasant, MI

You were Pro-Recd in the November boards correct? How did you already receive a FS?

lowster

Yes I was pro-rec'd in the November boards. I have not gotten my final select letter yet, but my recruiter saw the preliminary paperwork that had an OCS date for me in April, when I will still be in school. So he got it changed to this date.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Yes I was pro-rec'd in the November boards. I have not gotten my final select letter yet, but my recruiter saw the preliminary paperwork that had an OCS date for me in April, when I will still be in school. So he got it changed to this date.

So I'm assuming you had everything done such as background and MEPS before you were seen at the boards? Reason I'm asking is that seems extremely quick to hear of anything.

lowster

Yea it was very quick. Also yes, my background check and MEPS was done beforehand. I had an amazing recruiter who didn't waste any time from the Lansing district. I would send anyone to him. Hoping to swear in the week after Christmas, but I think I am still dreaming for that to happen.

sdgigles

Lucy beat me to it. I was a Nov pick up. I went through MEPS and did my SF-86 over the summer. I wish I was getting an April slot, but I really can't complain.

Lucy

Sorry, term is finally over and I am a little bored...On top of things might be an understatement. :)

Lucy

Ya, ya just wishing I was joing you guys in August! I am dreading the thought of a winter OCS date...

sdgigles

So I finish up on Tuesday. I'm amazed how quickly my OR got this done. Does anyone know exactly what the swearing in process entails?

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
So I finish up on Tuesday. I'm amazed how quickly my OR got this done. Does anyone know exactly what the swearing in process entails?

You do/sign some paperwork. You "enlist" in the Navy for pay purposes. You raise your hand and swear to protect us and everything we stand for. Should take around 45 mins to do everything.

lowster

Be sure to take direct deposit stuff with you (bank routing number, address, account number, and type of account). Also start thinking about what level of life insurance you want. It goes up to 400K and only costs 27$ a month. Then you will yes swear in (just google oath of enlistment).