• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
Since I bitched about them, I'll report that the Bremont has shipped, and did so several weeks earlier than the estimate. Of course, now it has to make it through the MPS system (and not get stolen in the process), so I've still got some waiting to do, but they won back some of the points they lost.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Since I bitched about them, I'll report that the Bremont has shipped, and did so several weeks earlier than the estimate. Of course, now it has to make it through the MPS system (and not get stolen in the process), so I've still got some waiting to do, but they won back some of the points they lost.

Not sure what MPS is, but I hope your shipping goes as smoothly as mine did. It only took two days from the UK to CA via Fedex. No issues or delays of any kind.

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
MPS is military postal system, aka mail to OCONUS locations. It's... sporty. I had Bremont ship Royal Mail to USPS because FedEx and UPS routinely take 6-8 weeks or more, and probably much more during the Christmas rush.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
This little beauty just arrived from England. Sure hope my other watches don't get jealous. ;)
View attachment 17813 View attachment 17814 View attachment 17815 View attachment 17816
Looks good, boss! I would like to request a pic of the watch with all of its accessories, box and papers, please...a pic from a distance that incorporates all that I previously mentioned. I don't know why, but I groove on that kind of stuff...a "full set" pic so-to-speak. Thanks, dude! :cool:

GroundPounder

I'm leaving the Apple fold, and going with a Samsung Note 8 cell phone. I think I may also get a smartwatch, any suggestions?

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Thanks, man...good looking set! :cool:

Questions:
  • How did you manage this horological feat so close to Christmas?
  • Is the wife unit not allowing you to "play with it" until Christmas?

What can I say? I married a saint of a woman. :D

...who has also received a new car, new laptop, and multiple pieces of jewelry- including a watch- this year. :confused:

;)

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
That's way too much for a watch, even if it's been to the moon. I got mine from some nice guy for 12BD.

Ha, in all seriousness, I've had the same Fossil watch that retailed for $80 a decade ago that my girlfriend at the time got at an employee discount for $60. I've taken it to get cleaned 2x. It had an 11 year warranty, and in its 10th year, the crown broke off (on the aircraft carrier no less!) and I took it to a store, had it mailed off, and 4 weeks later my watch was good as new and didn't pay a cent. (The lady seriously looked at some serial number and was like "ah! This watch is 8 years old, it's definitely still under warranty!" - raised my wife's eyebrow, but that was the only cost!) I love reading this thread to learn about watches from the standpoint of an admirer, but could probably never justify a purchase of the sort.