• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

DRamrod

Absolutely. It's a common occurrence with the AF, too. This previous FY, they hired too many to the point where they canceled upcoming boards.

For some reason I can't find information on this anywhere, but what happens if, on your in-PFT, you score slightly below the Satisfactory medium in a category (ie. you get 90 sit-ups and a 10:30 run, but only 40 pushups instead of 42)? Do you get put into H-class, or do you immediately get sent home?

AUav8r

Grizzly
pilot
For some reason I can't find information on this anywhere, but what happens if, on your in-PFT, you score slightly below the Satisfactory medium in a category (ie. you get 90 sit-ups and a 10:30 run, but only 40 pushups instead of 42)? Do you get put into H-class, or do you immediately get sent home?
H-Class. Rarely will you do anything that warrants an immediate ticket home.

Safashton

So pulling directly from the OCS website it reads

Candidates must achieve an overall minimum score of "Satisfactory Medium" on the IST. Those who take the IST upon arrival at OCS and achieve a "Probationary" score will be placed in Holding Company (H Company) for three weeks in order to improve their physical fitness.

Using the PRT Calculator, with me assuming your gender is Male and likely in the 20-24 Age group, performing 90 Sit-ups, 40 Pushups, and a 10:30 run would actually give you a overall score of Good Medium. The situps and run would actually fall into the excellent categories, but pushups falling into the probationary category. However, overall score is still Good medium and not probationary, thus with the blurb above, my assumption would is that you would pass that IN PRT and NOT be placed into Holding company. Now HOWEVER, the OCS website does that by week 9, one must pass EACH PORTION of the PRT with at least a Good Low, so meaning in that case if you did the same in week 9, it would be a "fail" and be placed on Holding company. However, this is merely OCS website and Navy websites have incredible tendency to be inaccurate, thus only way to really confirm is to ask the OCS people directly for official answer or go off some gouge by past candidates.

Also to address your final portion, the website says a few times that those who fail to pass the initial PFA will be placed into Holding company for 3 weeks, then re-take a PFA. If you pass, well Good game, if you fail, it suggests that potential disenrollment may occur. I literally know nothing Jon Snow, but I would think that since if you fail the initial and again after 3 week holding, they might actually give the boot since the investment was so little.

(NAC)Arizona

1520/AMDO
So pulling directly from the OCS website it reads

Candidates must achieve an overall minimum score of "Satisfactory Medium" on the IST. Those who take the IST upon arrival at OCS and achieve a "Probationary" score will be placed in Holding Company (H Company) for three weeks in order to improve their physical fitness.

Using the PRT Calculator, with me assuming your gender is Male and likely in the 20-24 Age group, performing 90 Sit-ups, 40 Pushups, and a 10:30 run would actually give you a overall score of Good Medium. The situps and run would actually fall into the excellent categories, but pushups falling into the probationary category. However, overall score is still Good medium and not probationary, thus with the blurb above, my assumption would is that you would pass that IN PRT and NOT be placed into Holding company. Now HOWEVER, the OCS website does that by week 9, one must pass EACH PORTION of the PRT with at least a Good Low, so meaning in that case if you did the same in week 9, it would be a "fail" and be placed on Holding company. However, this is merely OCS website and Navy websites have incredible tendency to be inaccurate, thus only way to really confirm is to ask the OCS people directly for official answer or go off some gouge by past candidates.

Also to address your final portion, the website says a few times that those who fail to pass the initial PFA will be placed into Holding company for 3 weeks, then re-take a PFA. If you pass, well Good game, if you fail, it suggests that potential disenrollment may occur. I literally know nothing Jon Snow, but I would think that since if you fail the initial and again after 3 week holding, they might actually give the boot since the investment was so little.
I do not know anything either, but the "Probationary" here sounds like an overall score. However, if someone in my command scores a "Probationary" overall or on any event I put them on FEP.

Your Jon Snow innuendos are really not helping my withdrawals. :(

zboy

None
If you fail the IST, In-PFA and Mid PFA's you'll be rolled to H-class. You have to achieve the required score for each individual event, so say you max out the push-ups and the curl ups, but fail the run, you would unfortunately fail the entire PFA. It's not an overall average.

Carina

If you fail the IST, In-PFA and Mid PFA's you'll be rolled to H-class. You have to achieve the required score for each individual event, so say you max out the push-ups and the curl ups, but fail the run, you would unfortunately fail the entire PFA. It's not an overall average.
Are the scores sat, good, excellent etc. or are there good low, good med, good high?

I have seen mixed answers and that the OCS page is never accurate

Safashton

I do not know anything either, but the "Probationary" here sounds like an overall score. However, if someone in my command scores a "Probationary" overall or on any event I put them on FEP.

Your Jon Snow innuendos are really not helping my withdrawals. :(

I supplement with reading up on fan theory and re-run through the books. The Audio books narrated by Roy Deatrice are fantastic.

George222

Curious about the 3rd Class Swim test, I don't have the spare cash to spend on a lot of lessons before I head there but how much help can I expect to get before it affects my progress overall?

desertflyer

Curious about the 3rd Class Swim test, I don't have the spare cash to spend on a lot of lessons before I head there but how much help can I expect to get before it affects my progress overall?

Don't bother, if you fail it they will give you additional training on Week 9, and you get to skip morning PT. Essentially they'll give you free lessons if you need it.

It's really not hard, you don't need to be a professional swimmer by any means. You jump off a 10 foot tower, swim to the side, stay afloat in the water for 5 minutes, and swim 100 meters, and then practice filling your coveralls with air to stay afloat. There's break between every part. The only people I saw fail, were the ones who couldn't stay calm in the water. Just take your time, relax, and move at your own pace and you'll be fine.

Hayley D.

What parts are you worried about? Like, do you know how to swim?

George222

What parts are you worried about? Like, do you know how to swim?
Before I graduated college I took some time to see if I could do any of the strokes comfortably back and forth which I can, if there's breaks in between like desertflyer says then I think I should be fine, I'm probably gonna need as much help as I can get though for flight school.