• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Professional Reading Drop Box

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Seems like someone with no actual understand of what she's talking about giving advice on how to do what pretty much anyone can do by just showing up and looking clean...well, mostly clean.
I get the sense that the story is 100 percent fabrication, entertaining though it may have been. After all, why haul a broad all the way back to your 80-man berthing when you can simply crouch behind a dumpster in the alley conveniently located adjacent to the bar you were just drinking in?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I get the sense that the story is 100 percent fabrication, entertaining though it may have been. After all, why haul a broad all the way back to your 80-man berthing when you can simply crouch behind a dumpster in the alley conveniently located adjacent to the bar you were just drinking in?

Maybe they were bringing her back to the Rat Trap while in the race to Master Chief.

jmcquate

Contributor
Just attended Flynn speaking at Heritage. He criticized the make up of the NSC staff being too young and inexperienced, but other than that, stayed away from politics. He did get a little Dr. Stangelovey though.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just attended Flynn speaking at Heritage. He criticized the make up of the NSC staff being too young and inexperienced, but other than that, stayed away from politics. He did get a little Dr. Stangelovey though.

He has gone a little off the rails recently with his claims about Russia and ISIS. Apparently he really did good work as the JSOC J2 but I am not sure where he is getting some of his latest stuff, at least he has a leg to stand on when it comes to the NSC though.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Wrote a snarky post, deleted it.

I see where the general is aiming for - getting back to expeditionary roots, etc.

It gets lost in the "get off my lawn with your iphones" part of the speech.

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
I see where the general is aiming for - getting back to expeditionary roots, etc.

It gets lost in the "get off my lawn with your iphones" part of the speech.
Agreed. It's very easy to tank one's credibility with just a few words that botch the technical details.

His description of the Seaman on the boat is a bit goofy, as it's simply the transmission of signals in the cellular bands that would give away the ship, not the fact the phone has GPS (since the phone's GPS is receive only).

Also, public speaking is super easy, and I'm sure he said he exactly what he had planned to say. ;)

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator

squorch2

pilot
Agreed. It's very easy to tank one's credibility with just a few words that botch the technical details.

His description of the Seaman on the boat is a bit goofy, as it's simply the transmission of signals in the cellular bands that would give away the ship, not the fact the phone has GPS (since the phone's GPS is receive only).

Also, public speaking is super easy, and I'm sure he said he exactly what he had planned to say. ;)
The "seaman with a cell phone" thing is absolutely hilarious.

You know what puts out a bit more power than cell phones? Radars, links, radios, satcom, etc.

We all know EMCON A exists, but we don't train to it.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
We all know EMCON A exists, but we don't train to it.

We used to. Most of my first deployment was made of EMCON A (with 2 or 3 modifiers) launches and recoveries. The only thing Mom would radiate was Furuno, HAWK, and TACAN. I think they may have even killed TACAN as long as HAWK was working. Granted, it was a small boy, but it was common to pass numbers via HAWK and then no one says a word until Ops Normal or you're chatting in the hangar after shutdown.

squorch2

pilot
Which is good! And far more helpful at reducing signatures than calling out SN Schmuckatelli on using their iphone while underway.