• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best path to take to become an astronaut?

D

Deleted user cNaut

Haha, would security clearance really be an issue lol?

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Haha, would security clearance really be an issue lol?

Yes. I assume you therefore still have relatives in the Rodina? Foreign relatives and associations always raise eyebrows when trying for a clearance, especially in countries we're less than friendly with, and especially given some recent well-publicized incidents.

D

Deleted user cNaut

Well, only on my Moms side (in Ukraine). But idk, the Cold Wars over, and although there still seems to be some tension between the U.S. and Russia, I feel that if Trump gets elected that tension should dissipate. If not, then I feel a 2nd Cold War brewing.

egiv

Well, only on my Moms side (in Ukraine). But idk, the Cold Wars over, and although there still seems to be some tension between the U.S. and Russia, I feel that if Trump gets elected that tension should dissipate. If not, then I feel a 2nd Cold War brewing.

I recommend doing some research on security clearances and what will likely delay/prevent you from getting one (i.e. foreign national association is a big one).

Also, no, we're not getting along very well with Russia right now:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/16/politics/russian-jet-barrel-rolled-us-aircraft/
http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/13/politics/russian-fighter-jet-us-destroyer/
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/21/w...ine-fleet-and-tensions-with-us-rise.html?_r=0
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jul/12/edward-snowden-russian-moscow-meeting

D

Deleted user cNaut

Ah, I see, thanks for the links. Yeah, I looked it up, I don't think I should have a problem getting security clearance. Ill just take it one step at a time and hope for relations to improve.

TEP801

Hope is always the best plan. Details and facts only cloud the issues.

HAHA. Its possible, like most things. However timing, luck, not to mention various other things play a part as well. If you're suppose to be an Astronaut, or something similar, it will happen. NASA, NASA contractors, and the various other space companies will probably be sending a variety of different people up to space, with the whole Mars thing going on. Not everyone is going to be put on the "astronaut", or "astronaut candidate" page that NASA has from what I understand. Now that may be conspiracy or fact.

Theres always "classified" missions that get done. However if that did exist, most of the people involved with that type of work have military backgrounds and are top notch to say the least at whatever their specialty is.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ah, I see, thanks for the links. Yeah, I looked it up, I don't think I should have a problem getting security clearance. Ill just take it one step at a time and hope for relations to improve.
The current (or future) state of U.S.-Russian relations has very little to do with anything. Those adjudicating your security clearance will take extra steps to investigate any foreign family members or contacts - even if they're from allied nations. Of course, citizens of certain threat nations will receive additional scrutiny.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
HAHA. Its possible, like most things. However timing, luck, not to mention various other things play a part as well. If you're suppose to be an Astronaut, or something similar, it will happen. NASA, NASA contractors, and the various other space companies will probably be sending a variety of different people up to space, with the whole Mars thing going on. Not everyone is going to be put on the "astronaut", or "astronaut candidate" page that NASA has from what I understand. Now that may be conspiracy or fact.

Theres always "classified" missions that get done. However if that did exist, most of the people involved with that type of work have military backgrounds and are top notch to say the least at whatever their specialty is.
I think you're missing the point.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Go to spacecamp in Huntsville, AL and watch this movie because it helped my buddy Spud Webb get into the program.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
Oy.