• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Zeta liners and other helmet goodies

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I managed to finagle (helps to get to know the pr's!) a zeta liner from the pr's over in HT land last night and man is it the difference in night and day! So, my question is, what other stuff can you do to a helmet (or flight gear in general) to up the comfort level? I've heard of the earpiece/hush kits from Oregon Aero but I don't know if the pr's give that stuff away. Plus, I'd much rather get it from the paraloft instead of having to pay for it. So, any tips? Thanks.

Raptor2216

God, I wish I just had my own helmet with or without the nice comfy liners. The idea of wearing someone else's sweaty nasty helmet after a flight in this hot corpus christi weather just don't sit well. Is there anything I can do to keep it from making direct contact with my noggin? Maybe some sort of liner made for this environment.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
There is a summer weight skull cap. Not sure of the NSN but it is out there (I have one myself).

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
God, I wish I just had my own helmet .....
I simply cannot -- will not -- "believe" that you guys have to "share" helmets. Even if it's true ... I mean, my God, how are we ever gonna win any wars if we have to "share helmets" ...????:eek:

The three things we NEVER shared when I was a STUD:

1. Your
flying helmet
2. Your
woman
3. Your toothbrush

.... usually in that order or importance.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I simply cannot -- will not -- "believe" that you guys have to "share" helmets. Even if it's true ... I mean, my God, how are we ever gonna win any wars if we have to "share helmets" ...????:eek:

The three things we NEVER shared when I was a STUD:

1. Your
flying helmet
2. Your
woman
3. Your toothbrush

.... usually in that order or importance.

For the record, it's pool gear and it's not like it goes from one head to another. Studs (and IPs) have to use the pool gear while their helmet gets built up/fixed. The sooner you get in to have your helmet fitted/parts turned in, the sooner (usually) you get it back. Some classes/studs start up faster than others, so it doesn't always get done in time for Fam 1.

BeanFighter

pilot
The hush kits are good, tell the PRs you want them, need them, gotta have them or you will go deaf. I didn't like dew rags so I just gave the helmet a shot of Lysol after each flight and washed the zeta every time it started crawling away.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....Plus, I'd much rather get it from the paraloft instead of having to pay for it. So, any tips? Thanks.

ALWAYS contribute ($$$$) to the shop's coffee mess or their "picnics" ... it works every time. Unless the "rule book" has been re-written ...

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
I had a zeta liner at vance and I chucked it when I left. If I'd only known I could use it with my navy helmet. I'm still kicking myself. That thing was great.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
FYI, for the unwashed, the Zeta liners are made by the Oregon Aero guys; so they're of the same quality (hush kit gel earcups). You'll never go back to the eggshell.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
For the record, it's pool gear and it's not like it goes from one head to another. Studs (and IPs) have to use the pool gear while their helmet gets built up/fixed. The sooner you get in to have your helmet fitted/parts turned in, the sooner (usually) you get it back. Some classes/studs start up faster than others, so it doesn't always get done in time for Fam 1.

Well, in 8 guys have to share helmets, for the fellas that don't have a helmet they have to go to NATOPS and get a skull cap so they share the helmets. Me, I'm just glad I have a head the size of a beachball so I have my own "special" helmet.

Any other suggeestions for flight gear that can be done?