• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Zero Week and report date

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
My only advice is not to check in early. You'll get stuck in a motivated Mike Company billet that will transition into an initial Bravo Co billet in your case. As for getting squared away in Stafford County... what exactly would that entail? Check-in is pretty much a joke, as people gradually drift in at various times throughout the afternoon and fill out the ever-important green folder paperwork. I drove in that afternoon, but if you wanted to experience even more of the joy that is Stafford, VA, feel free to show up early. Mike Co can always use poor, unsuspecting 2nd Lts to man the pits at the range.

riley

I did Bravo Company at TBS. After OCS, I did PTAD back home and then came back to VA before the New Year 96. You'll have about a week before most of the Lts start to check in. We just mustered in the morning and had the rest of the day off. I only did one working party for about an hour. At that time of the year, none of the other companies are doing much of anything (no one is at the range). It was worth it, at the end of the six months when I had 20 some days of leave, most of my buddies had 0 days.

drew0203

PLC-C Ground Summer 05'
Im missing the correlation between arriving early and receiving 20 days of leave compared to others who recieved 0 days...?

Is check in at TBS as boring and horrible (boring) as check in at OCS?

drew

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
I did Bravo Company at TBS. After OCS, I did PTAD back home and then came back to VA before the New Year 96. You'll have about a week before most of the Lts start to check in. We just mustered in the morning and had the rest of the day off. I only did one working party for about an hour. At that time of the year, none of the other companies are doing much of anything (no one is at the range). It was worth it, at the end of the six months when I had 20 some days of leave, most of my buddies had 0 days.

How the hell did your buddies end up with 0?

FLY_USMC

pilot
Easy, they graduated OCS early December or whenever, took as much leave as they could so they wouldn't have to be bored to death in Mike Company, and then showed up hopefully with only a few days till TBS started. I was like 15 days in the whole starting TBS, and graduated with 0. SOOO, that's how, besides you won't take leave during flight school, might as well use it when you can.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Easy, they graduated OCS early December or whenever, took as much leave as they could so they wouldn't have to be bored to death in Mike Company, and then showed up hopefully with only a few days till TBS started. I was like 15 days in the whole starting TBS, and graduated with 0. SOOO, that's how, besides you won't take leave during flight school, might as well use it when you can.

OK, well that makes sense then...guess it is more of a problem with OCC guys...

Besides you can take leave during flight training and there are a couple times when you will have a large delay that would be a good time to use it at...

drew0203

PLC-C Ground Summer 05'
looks like I'm bring this old thread to life...

check in for Charlie Co. is thursday...from the previous posts it seems I should NOT check in a day or two early. So, my only concern is getting tags for my car. Is this supposed to be done on ones own time, or is there a scheduled period of time for that?

drew

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
drew0203 said:
looks like I'm bring this old thread to life...

check in for Charlie Co. is thursday...from the previous posts it seems I should NOT check in a day or two early. So, my only concern is getting tags for my car. Is this supposed to be done on ones own time, or is there a scheduled period of time for that?

drew

That will all be taken care of during Zero week...

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
Some guys that got down early picked up their DOD tags early. The company will have a day set aside for vehicle stuff, so its nothing to worry about. Like I said back in October, I made the mistake of checking in early... nothing quite as nice as two days of digging fighting positions for demos.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
scotty008 said:
Some guys that got down early picked up their DOD tags early. The company will have a day set aside for vehicle stuff, so its nothing to worry about. Like I said back in October, I made the mistake of checking in early... nothing quite as nice as two days of digging fighting positions for demos.

And also if you get your tags early or get some other stuff done early doesn't necessarily mean that you won't have to go and sit through all of the stuff all over again...largely dependant on you student company staff...

Raptor2216

Getting my ID was the biggest pain in the ass but the tags are no problem. Just be sure that you do the drivers course online(really easy) and take a copy of the completion certificate along with insurance and registration and it should take you no more than 5 mins...assuming you are the only one in line.

Now back to the ID. There always seemed to be one problem or another when I went in for my ID. First, I was told that they didn't have my birth certificate on file. Then they told me that I wasn't in the system. In the end, one of the other motivated Lt's took the iniciative and called up HQ to find out what the issue was because she was having similar problems. Anyway, long story short, in the end they didn't need to see my birth certificate and all other issues solved themselves.

The third major thing is getting your pay accounts setup. I was lucky and so were the other 9 Lt's who went though the process with me in that we didn't have any issues. I got to do IFS before TBS so we didn't have to worry about long lines since there were so few of us. I would imagine that a whole company going though the process is going to me slightly different at the very least.

Malice 1

pilot
Great, charlie company is checking in. Goodbye parking.

When I checked into alpha, everyone was expected to have an ID already. Those that didn't ended up missing several classes because they had to go sit in the DEERS office all day for about 4 days. When you miss class, you have to write a huge essay about the class.

Our company had a time scheduled to get DOD decals for your cars, but PMo didn't feel like coming out that day, so no one got decals. Consequently, about half of the company got parking tickets over the next 2 months because we rarely had time to go get DOD decals on our own time.

Your company might be different.

BTW, welcome to TBS. This place is ****ing awsome!

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
Malice 1 said:
Great, charlie company is checking in. Goodbye parking.

When I checked into alpha, everyone was expected to have an ID already. Those that didn't ended up missing several classes because they had to go sit in the DEERS office all day for about 4 days. When you miss class, you have to write a huge essay about the class.

Our company had a time scheduled to get DOD decals for your cars, but PMo didn't feel like coming out that day, so no one got decals. Consequently, about half of the company got parking tickets over the next 2 months because we rarely had time to go get DOD decals on our own time.

Your company might be different.

BTW, welcome to TBS. This place is ****ing awsome!

Yep, that sounds like TBS. Where common sense is an uncommon virtue.

pjxc415

pilot
Didn't want to start a new thread for this question so decided to jack this thread. Sorry to those who may be offended.

Anyone getting commissioned in May find out their TBS class date yet? Or for that matter found out if they've picked up the aviation contract? My commissioning paperwork went in about 2 months ago and my aviation paperwork about a month ago. Still haven't heard anything (I'm an NROTC mid). What I did hear is that some Norwich guys that put in for the November class were just told they're going to the June class.