• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"Zero Dark Thirty" Trailer

KBayDog

You're asking me to prove a negative?

Dude, there's literally a thousand reasons why a studio would push back a release date - shooting delays, reshoots, editing issues, contract disputes, distribution problems, etc etc etc., up to and including picking an opening weekend where they think the movie will perform better. Not wanting to look political isn't one of them. Not everything functions according to Beltway Rules.

You said it; I'm asking for the proof that the studios won't push back a release date as not to look political...something I would ask for if this was a discussion over a beer or something.

However, this is AW, so I'm not expecting anything productive to come out of this.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Is mental masturbation more or less satisfying than physical masturbation?

I'm a 21st century warrior monk, destined for Pentagramagon greatness one day, so I don't deign to sully myself with such base pursuits, but I feel like this thread will answer my question.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
New trailer is up: http://www.zerodarkthirty-movie.com/

Looks promising. You can see a bit of the movie's take on the "low observable" H-60s. The SEALs look like SEALs (biker triathletes on a hunting trip). Seems to have some parts in common with "No Easy Day" - he made a point of saying he was impressed by a female CIA analyst who was 100% certain bin Laden was in the compound, for instance. Was the script rewrite (they rewrote the original "Kill Bin Laden" script after he was, in fact, killed) in any way based on it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yankee Uniform Tango
That Stealth H-60 looks fucking awful...almost like something out of a GI Joe cartoon. Couldn't they have made it more "speculatively-believable"? Like so:

sikorsky-stealthhawk-profil.jpg

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
That Stealth H-60 looks fucking awful...almost like something out of a GI Joe cartoon. Couldn't they have made it more "speculatively-believable"? Like so:

sikorsky-stealthhawk-profil.jpg
As far as I can tell, one god-awful mockup or drawing of the infamous StealthHawk is as good as another. But if they had to actually bolt on panels onto some actual helicopter to make it actually look like the damned thing in question so that they could use live action for a couple of sequences vice CGI, I'm all for it. I would also go as far as to say that 98% (random high percentage which may or may not correspond to my graduation year) of moviegoers will be completely unfazed, stuffing their faces with popcorn for the impending climax scene.

jmcquate

Contributor
As far as I can tell, one god-awful mockup or drawing of the infamous StealthHawk is as good as another. But if they had to actually bolt on panels onto some actual helicopter to make it actually look like the damned thing in question so that they could use live action for a couple of sequences vice CGI, I'm all for it. I would also go as far as to say that 98% (random high percentage which may or may not correspond to my graduation year) of moviegoers will be completely unfazed, stuffing their faces with popcorn for the impending climax scene.
Like the Mi-24s in Red Dawn.