• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Your Occupation Before the Navy

Best job before the Navy??

• Transfer Pricing Services Consultant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Software Developer (3 titles launched)

• Pizza Delivery

• Walk Boat Driver/Tour Guide

• Roller Coaster Operator

• Starbucks "Vente" Vendor

• Cellphone/Insurance peddler

• Aeronautical Engineer of Helo persuasion

• Used Car Salesman (borderline thief)

• Bookbinder

• Total voters

shotcalla10

what percent of RL officers get jets?
Your Occupation Before the Navy/Marines... and [AF]

For those of you who were out of college and held a full time position in the civilian world either corporate or any other sector PRIOR to following your dreams of being an officer/aviator, please list your background here... I just thought it would be interesting to know where most of you are coming from before deciding to serve our country or... "serve our country."

I guess I'll start first.

I'm currently a Business Valuations/ Transfer Pricing Services Consultant working for PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP on 46th floor (chair flying looking out the window) in Downtown Los Angeles. Good pay, lots of good looking women, crappy work, not enough sleep, no wings.

your turn...

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Telemarketing... as in the guy that called your house and tried to sell you a bunch of shit you didn't need or want.

WishICouldFly

UO Future Pork Chop
Telemarketing... as in the guy that called your house and tried to sell you a bunch of shit you didn't need or want.

Ever get a wave of nostalgia when people say that the 'military isn't defending their rights by doing what we do' or that they 'never asked for us to defend them'?

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
I used to work in the Tech sector.

I used to work for Apple Computer and then for NC Soft where I launched 3 titles and worked on half a dozen more.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I was a live-in houseboy ... the "Head Houseboy", in point of fact :eek: ... at a sorority.

Sometimes it was a full time job .... :)

shotcalla10

what percent of RL officers get jets?
I was a live-in houseboy ... the "Head Houseboy", in point of fact :eek: ... at a sorority.

Sometimes it was a full time job .... :)

I hope it wasn't at UC Berkeley because we were ranked something like 358 out of 360 universities in Playboy's ranking for "schools with hottest girls." But hey, we would've been ranked 3rd out of 360 universities if they had "schools with ugliest girls" ranking. Either way, I would hope that the "head houseboy" wouldn't have to make it a "full-time" job, and if they did, better turn those lights off. :D

blur

A-pool
I was a Comp Sci/Econ double-major. Decided to go the Comp Sci route and got a job with an IT consulting firm. A little over a year out of college, I just finished up a project at Conseco and now I'm working at Liberty Mutual doing production support. I've always wanted to become an officer and after giving the business world a shot, realized I couldn't see myself doing this for the next 20 years. I want to serve my country, see the world, and sit in a cock-pit instead of at a desk. Hopefully that will happen soon. :)

m3urthy

Why don't you have a seat right over there.
Prior to USMC OCS:

Dental Office Front Office Manager
Project Manager for Sony Computer Entertainment of America- PS3

MasterBates

Present job: VT-31's anti-marriage counselor.

Before Navy: Welder, Truck Driver, Heavy Truck Mechanic, and Commercial Helo pilot (Bell 206 & 204)

MasterBates

Oh, and for a 5 year span I was some form of an engineer. I drank most of those memories away. I learned more about engineering as a welder and mechanic than I did in 5 years of college.