• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Your chances are....(penalty box for those who can't help asking about their chances)

phrogpilot73

Becoming a pilot through lateral transfer or fleet accession is not a guarantee. Your best bet is to set the goal of being a Naval Aviator from the get go. You do not have to have a technical degree to do NROTC. Search through the site, because there's plenty of info available.

jooman360

i know it is by no means a guarantee. I am going for pilot from the get go but i think if i could not get accepted i would still like to be an officer and i was wondering if it they raise the age limit since you are already in the navy and if it really is possible to do that

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sorry I had to say it...you must learn to spell, too.

grammarbadgevf4.jpg

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
i know it is by no means a guarantee. I am going for pilot from the get go but i think if i could not get accepted i would still like to be an officer and i was wondering if it they raise the age limit since you are already in the navy and if it really is possible to do that

It's been a while, so I may not be correct here, but I don't believe there's an age limit for becoming a pilot, other wise the NFO to Pilots would have problems. There is an age limit to become an unrestricted Line Officer, which is to be commissioned by your 27th birthday. The waiver is for folks who are prior active duty enlisted.

So, to answer your question, yes, you can apply to pilot after you've put your time in another community, but as Phrog said, the chances decrease dramatically of being picked up (or even being let go by your original community).

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
It's been a while, so I may not be correct here, but I don't believe there's an age limit for becoming a pilot, other wise the NFO to Pilots would have problems. There is an age limit to become an unrestricted Line Officer, which is to be commissioned by your 27th birthday. The waiver is for folks who are prior active duty enlisted.

So, to answer your question, yes, you can apply to pilot after you've put your time in another community, but as Phrog said, the chances decrease dramatically of being picked up (or even being let go by your original community).

Is that correct? I thought SNA was commissioned before 27 and NFO commissioned before 29, so I don't think it is a blanket URL requirement.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Either way, that only applies to new accessions right?

jooman360

does NROTC improve pilot chances

do you have a better chance gettting accepted as a pilot through ocs or NROTC i have like 28 credits if i want to do nrotc i have to apply right away i would love to be an officer but i really want to be pilot any thoughts