• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

X52 Anti Micro Set Up

LHannibal

Are you using Anti-MicroX for your joystick and throttle? You can map the "Enter" button on your keyboard to the clutch button on the throttle. On the real test you will be pressing the clutch button.

Here's where the clutch button is:

View attachment 38673

I don't know if it'll work on your PC, but if you're using AntiMicroX, you can use the settings file I've been using before I took the test. I attached it below. It has all the needed buttons mapped already.

Were you pressing Enter on the keyboard during the real test?
When I use the attachment for mapping it only works for my throttle and the sim does not pick up anything for my joystick. Is there anyway I can manually make it so the joystick is picked up instead of using my mouse? I've tried looking around online and through the forum and I cant find anything.

MotorCookie

When I use the attachment for mapping it only works for my throttle and the sim does not pick up anything for my joystick. Is there anyway I can manually make it so the joystick is picked up instead of using my mouse? I've tried looking around online and through the forum and I cant find anything.
What kind of joystick do you have?

MotorCookie

I have the X52 joystick
Ok open AntiMicroX and don't load in the file I attached in the other post.

To manually set the joystick as the mouse you need to:
click Axis 1 and where it says "none" next to Presets, set it to Mouse Horizontal.
For Axis 2, set it to mouse vertical.

Wiggle the stick around and it should move the mouse cursor. If it still doesn't work, try downloading and installing the X52 drivers which can be found here: https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024847013--Downloads-X52-Space-Flight-H-O-T-A-S

If it works, you will now need to setup the throttle. Just Set Axis 3 to "Keys: W | S" to get the throttle working.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
OK…I have to admit that I avoided opening this thread because I thought it was about hygiene or hand washing stations. Boy did I miss that one!

Ok open AntiMicroX and don't load in the file I attached in the other post.

To manually set the joystick as the mouse you need to:
click Axis 1 and where it says "none" next to Presets, set it to Mouse Horizontal.
For Axis 2, set it to mouse vertical.

Wiggle the stick around and it should move the mouse cursor. If it still doesn't work, try downloading and installing the X52 drivers which can be found here: https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024847013--Downloads-X52-Space-Flight-H-O-T-A-S

If it works, you will now need to setup the throttle. Just Set Axis 3 to "Keys: W | S" to get the throttle working.
I am trying to configure my newly purchased X52 joystick and I am having trouble adjusting the sensitivity on AntiMicroX. Previously I was using a different joystick on the Jantzen simulator, and I was able to track the target pretty well because my old joystick had some sort of acceleration.
Would you mind sharing your sensitivity settings?

MotorCookie

I am trying to configure my newly purchased X52 joystick and I am having trouble adjusting the sensitivity on AntiMicroX. Previously I was using a different joystick on the Jantzen simulator, and I was able to track the target pretty well because my old joystick had some sort of acceleration.
Would you mind sharing your sensitivity settings?
My settings are whatever the default settings are. Here's a pic:

settings.png

My settings are whatever the default settings are. Here's a pic:

View attachment 40119
Thanks. I saw one of your comments in which you said you were averaging 130 for the target score in the hardest difficulty on Jantzen. How were you able to get that with the standard sensitivity settings? My X52 feels very clunky compared to my previous joystick (T.Flight HOTAS X).

MotorCookie

Thanks. I saw one of your comments in which you said you were averaging 130 for the target score in the hardest difficulty on Jantzen. How were you able to get that with the standard sensitivity settings? My X52 feels very clunky compared to my previous joystick (T.Flight HOTAS X).
I used to have the PlayStation T.Flight HOTAS and I agree it seemed easier to use that. At first the X52 does feel very clunky and a bit tougher to control but all you need to do is practice.

What are your scores on hard mode at the moment? I recommend recording your scores on a paper or document every time you try the sim and it'll be easy to see if you're improving or not.

When I first bought my X52 I was having a tough time tracking the targets. I made a post about it here: https://www.airwarriors.com/communi...es-ask-your-questions-here.28348/post-1094316

I used to have the PlayStation T.Flight HOTAS and I agree it seemed easier to use that. At first the X52 does feel very clunky and a bit tougher to control but all you need to do is practice.

What are your scores on hard mode at the moment? I recommend recording your scores on a paper or document every time you try the sim and it'll be easy to see if you're improving or not.

When I first bought my X52 I was having a tough time tracking the targets. I made a post about it here: https://www.airwarriors.com/communi...es-ask-your-questions-here.28348/post-1094316
On my first day (45 60-second attempts) using the T. Flight HOTAS (we have the same lol) I was getting 160 ish (joystick) and 170 for the throttle on the hardest settings. I didn’t log my X52 attempts because it felt so clunky that I thought it had to do with my sensitivity. I guess I’ll just have to get used to it.

LGwalkway

On the test, are you simultaneously controlling both the throttle and the stick or are you tested on each separately?

MotorCookie

On the test, are you simultaneously controlling both the throttle and the stick or are you tested on each separately?
First they have you do each one individually then you do both at the same time. Then after that you do both and they throw in the emergency procedures.