• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

X-47B's First Cat Shot

Renegade One

None
He's aircrew! ;)
Jumping on the band wagon here, "I have a question, why is the guy running the controls wearing a survival vest and life preserver? Why not just a float coat?"
Can't get an Air Medal without dressing the part... The more "haggard and burned out" you look at MIDRATS helps as well.
"Christ on a crutch, that was one hairy mission! The SATLINK was totally intermittent, and I almost had to go "manual/direct". I do not get paid enough for this..." ;)

CumminsPilot

VA...not so bad
pilot
Can't get an Air Medal without dressing the part... The more "haggard and burned out" you look at MIDRATS helps as well.
"Christ on a crutch, that was one hairy mission! The SATLINK was totally intermittent, and I almost had to go "manual/direct". I do not get paid enough for this..." ;)

No such thing. If it loses the uplink, after a pre-determined amount of time it just turns around and comes home. How do they know it works? It's happened already.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Of course it will....
120811_drone.jpg

Homer J

I'm with NAVAIR. I'm here to help you.

I would imagine that the actual guy flying the mission is no where near the ship but instead securely hidden away in a trailer somewhere. The guy in the video is for all practical purposes, a parking lot valet.

Oh, and here are a couple pics of the Control Display Unit

X-47B CDU.jpg X-47B CDU closeup.jpg .

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
Came over here unexpectedly last night and this morning while touring the lovely facilities here we saw the X-47B take off and hit the carrier landing pattern (at least that's what the lookout said). Also saw the F-35 at the same time frame take off shortly afterward with an -18 in chase.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    503.4 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    498.7 KB · Views: 47

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh I dunno. These Starfighters, despite the technology of the time and immensely computer aided, were still manned (or wommaned). So there is hope.

star-wars-ships-4.jpg