• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

WTF?

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
I certainly appreciate B & LSO telling me how to think. I have lived through 13 presidents (FDR to BO) and have watched the evening news since the days of John Cameron Swayze and Douglas Edwards in the early 50's. The news media today is highly politicized and markedly different than what existed in the 50's and early 60's. Unfortunately, JFK's & LBJ's Viet Nam adventure changed everything (for the worse). I now feel reasonably confident to make my own political judgments and believe I can tell a difference in style and substance between a Sean Hannity and the Reverend Al Sharpton. I've seen charlatans of both parties occupy the White House and have a very low degree of confidence in the current occupant. You guys can make your own judgements, but as the old man said: Please don't pee on my ankles and tell me it's raining. I trust Charles Krauthammer opinions (and few others) and Fox's Evening News to cover the events of the day faithfully . The network news shows now, IMHO, basically tell you what they want you to hear in the manner they want you to hear it. O'Reilly, Hannity and everyone on MSNBC are all plugging their own agendas. Good luck in the oracle business, dudes, but pls count me out of your parades.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I certainly appreciate B & LSO telling me how to think. I have lived through 13 presidents (FDR to BO) and have watched the evening news since the days of John Cameron Swayze and Douglas Edwards in the early 50's. The news media today is highly politicized and markedly different than what existed in the 50's and early 60's. Unfortunately, JFK's & LBJ's Viet Nam adventure changed everything (for the worse). I now feel reasonably confident to make my own political judgments and believe I can tell a difference in style and substance between a Sean Hannity and the Reverend Al Sharpton. I've seen charlatans of both parties occupy the White House and have a very low degree of confidence in the current occupant. You guys can make your own judgements, but as the old man said: Please don't pee on my ankles and tell me it's raining. I trust Charles Krauthammer opinions (and few others) and Fox's Evening News to cover the events of the day faithfully . The network news shows now, IMHO, basically tell you what they want you to hear in the manner they want you to hear it. O'Reilly, Hannity and everyone on MSNBC are all plugging their own agendas. Good luck in the oracle business, dudes, but pls count me out of your parades.
What does any of this have to do with our discussion? It's like herding cats with you, FOG. Nobody is telling you how to think. If you want to be a conservative fan boy, go right ahead - it's a free country. If you like Krauthammer's brand of conservative spin, God bless. Just stop acting like someone is trying to perpetrate some huge injustice on humankind when Hannity and Sharpton are put into the same box. It's a bit silly.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
sarcasm and indignation duly noted, but I did not suggest you think one way or the other. Your service is appreciated and respect for your contributions to Naval Aviation is unquestioned.

Sean Hannity is an asshat.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
It's Easter, and we should all be grateful for what we have both spiritually & materially as Americans. For the Nth time, I tell myself to cease cyber debates w/ those of different political views. Maybe I'll live up to it this time. No hard feelings toward anyone.

FlyinRock

What fun. From a question about seeming double standards to individuals attacking personal points of view. I had hoped for better even though my original post was inflamatory in that I asked if there were double standards here when it came to race. What a shame it deteriorated.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
What fun. From a question about seeming double standards to individuals attacking personal points of view. I had hoped for better even though my original post was inflamatory in that I asked if there were double standards here when it came to race. What a shame it deteriorated.

Rock, there weren't personal attacks. As we've seen in the past there are individuals who often feel their point of view is the ONLY acceptable point of view. With time spent in and around ready rooms most of the members of this forum really ought to know that's just not the case.