• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wow! An Air Force BGEN unloads in his going away speech!!!!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Shit, and here all along, I thought Shakespeare wrote it.

Some of you guys really get wound around the main mount on stuff that doesn't matter. Bottom line (how I love the bottom line): who cares WHO wrote it --but rather -- does it 'work' for you or doesn't it ???

Are most of the words germane or not ??? Does it basically make 'sense', or not ???

The words & sentiment 'made sense' for most of my Amigos & I ... that's a large part of why 75%+ of us got out, post-Vietnam, Carter administration (the airlines hiring didn't hurt, either :)). The 'culture' was becoming insufferable and it didn't represent anything remotely related to 'why we joined'. Most of the words still ring true today in my world in many, many ways that have little to do w/ flying ... and that's all that counts.

I know, I know ... 'life-taker & heart breaker' type AAA personalities (basically, ATTACK pilot mentality types) aren't supposed to use words like 'germane' ...blah, blah, blah ...

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
The 'culture' was becoming insufferable and it didn't represent anything remotely related to 'why we joined'.

It's amazing that 'the more that things change, the more they stay the same'. This is also true for my peers and I today in 2011.

All I can only hope that the real warrior spirit can survive the continued pussification of the military. I'm given hope that I have flown with and been to war with plenty of real warriors who continue to serve in spite of this idiocy. In the current USAF, I'm considered some kind of obscene anachronism (and have the NJP paperwork to prove it). In A4's time, I'm sure I would have been considered a SNAP'y punk-ass...but somehow my peers and I have been able to keep the fire alive and put bombs on bad people when it counted (and they were shooting back). Somehow I have to hope that future warriors will carry that torch even as things get more and more retarded.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Now I'm confused. I thought you fought the North Vietnamese, not the germanes. Now none of this makes sense.
The war started when the germanes bombed Pearl Harbor. Come on. Get your history right.

HackerF15E

None
I would wear that badge with pride in the USAF or Navy!

I put my "paperwork" up on the wall in my office so that all the UPT students could see it. It's mine, so I might as well own it (much to the dislike of some superior rank officers who'd rather I kept it in a desk drawer somewhere. If other guys can put their Air Medals and all that other crap up on their walls, then I can certainly put up the black-and-white proof that fighter pilot antics that were commonplace during previous points in my career are now considered severe enough for NJP in the "current" AF. That's probably just as important a lesson as anything I can teach them in an airplane.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ok, if you're going to mention the NJP, you gotta share the story! Especially considering these days in the Navy an NJP would basically equal separation for a JO.

jmcquate

Contributor
I put my "paperwork" up on the wall in my office so that all the UPT students could see it. It's mine, so I might as well own it (much to the dislike of some superior rank officers who'd rather I kept it in a desk drawer somewhere. If other guys can put their Air Medals and all that other crap up on their walls, then I can certainly put up the black-and-white proof that fighter pilot antics that were commonplace during previous points in my career are now considered severe enough for NJP in the "current" AF. That's probably just as important a lesson as anything I can teach them in an airplane.

NJP paperwork on your "I Love Me" wall..........NICE.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
It's amazing that 'the more that things change, the more they stay the same'. This is also true for my peers and I today in 2011.

All I can only hope that the real warrior spirit can survive the continued pussification of the military. I'm given hope that I have flown with and been to war with plenty of real warriors who continue to serve in spite of this idiocy. In the current USAF, I'm considered some kind of obscene anachronism (and have the NJP paperwork to prove it). In A4's time, I'm sure I would have been considered a SNAP'y punk-ass...but somehow my peers and I have been able to keep the fire alive and put bombs on bad people when it counted (and they were shooting back). Somehow I have to hope that future warriors will carry that torch even as things get more and more retarded.

NJP as an officer, or during a prior life?

Bevo16

pilot
I have my drop sheet from enlisted nuke school in the same frame as my commissioning documents.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
.... If other guys can put their Air Medals and all that other crap up on their walls, then I can certainly put up the black-and-white proof that fighter pilot antics that were commonplace during previous points in my career are now considered severe enough for NJP in the "current" AF. ...
+1. Awesome.

HackerF15E

None
NJP as an officer, or during a prior life?

As an O-4.

Capture.jpg