• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wow! An Air Force BGEN unloads in his going away speech!!!!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

navyao

Well, regardless if the Colonel or BGEN wrote it or not I've always had this preconceived idea of how you 0's party and have always assumed it was kinda like this...funny stuff enjoy!

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
If the Bgen did write it, it is good to know that any Naval Officer that has run a division at sea (Most Ensigns) has more leadership experience and skill then the author.

You formed this opinion based on reading one bit of prose? Whatever, dude.

bluemarlin04

I think the article is BS. Both in content and attribution. I'd be quite surprised if a Bgen actually wrote it.

If the Bgen did write it, it is good to know that any Naval Officer that has run a division at sea (Most Ensigns) has more leadership experience and skill then the author.

Referring to those young E-1's - E-5's as "Warriors" is just fine. And it is used to specifically as a way to motivate those Sailors whose occupations and duties have them far removed from the actual killing of the Enemy but are no less important to the end result. Referring to that E-1 who signed up to fix sonar or work on jet engines and is currently mess cranking or stuck doing some other SLJ as a "warrior" just may make the difference between a sailor whose head is in the game and getting the job done in an outstanding fashion or an E-1 that's screwing up and making it harder for the rest of the division.

But I'll defer to the Carrier CO's and XO's, CAG's and DCAG's when they refer to ALL of the ships crew or Airwing as "Warriors". They know the impact it has on keeping those junior sailors heads in the game and the attention to detail high.

I don't think you'll find ANY Carrier CO's or CAGS, other Ship/Sub CO's, XO's, Department Heads or Division Officer at sea that would hesitate to refer to their Sailors as "Warriors".
It's been proven he didn't write the letter. Drew Carey did. Attention to detail.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's been proven he didn't write the letter. Drew Carey did. Attention to detail.

Where is it proven that DrewCarey wrote this? Portions are clearly derived from "Dirty Jokes and Beer," but not all of it.

bluemarlin04

Where is it proven that DrewCarey wrote this? Portions are clearly derived from "Dirty Jokes and Beer," but not all of it.

I'm using my deductive reasoning. Ok, so it's not proven and I was being semi sarcastic in my last post. But common sense would dictate that there is a 99% chance he didn't write the letter. I doubt any person would cut and paste from a book written by a comedian to take parting shots at people. Plus, with today's media there is no way this would have slipped under the radar if it was true. CNN would have a field day on this especially since it's coming from a high ranking Officer. My .02$

Parts that are similar

Letter written by the General
Fighter Pilots, who are willing to die so
that we can have low prices at the gas pump and shop at the mall, should be
able to throw the wildest parties they can manage without one uptight biddy
coming in and stopping it. There were scads of women at the '91 Tailhook
party who were having the time of their lives, voluntarily being just as
debauched as any of the men were. Everyone who flew a plane, or even knew
someone who flew a plane, knew how wild those partie s were and what went on.
What does our society expect? A prayer service? It's worse now than it was
then.

Part from Drew Carey's Book

Naval Aviators, who are willing to die so
that we can have low prices at the gas pump, should be
able to throw the wildest parties they can manage without one uptight biddy
coming in and stopping it. There were scads of women at the Tailhook
party who were having the time of their lives, voluntarily being just as
debauched as any of the men. Everyone who flew a plane, or even knew
someone who flew a plane, knew how wild those parties were and what went on.
What did she expect? A prayer service?

General's Speech
Besides, fighter pilots are supposed to be aggressive assholes.
That's how we used to train them. I don't know about you, but I don't want
a military of fighter pilots who are gifted at giving sensitivity seminars.
I want mad-dog, rabid killers going to battle for me and mine.

Drew Carey's Book

Besides, fighter pilots are supposed to be aggressive assholes.
That's what we pay them for. I don't know about you, but I don't want
a Navy full of fighter pilots who are gifted at giving sensitivity seminars.
I want mad-dog, rabid killers going to battle for me and mine.

Not trying to be disrespectful. But I have my doubts this letter is real. It probably originated on some internet forum somewhere deep inside the bowels of the internet. If it is real, I retract my statement but think the General lacks any creative writing skills.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not trying to be disrespectful. But I have my doubts this letter is real. It probably originated on some internet forum somewhere deep inside the bowels of the internet. If it is real, I retract my statement but think the General lacks any creative writing skills.

No no, I was asking if it had really been debunked or not. I agree, someone has a boner for Drew Carey and borrowed liberally.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator

Referring to those young E-1's - E-5's as "Warriors" is just fine. And it is used to specifically as a way to motivate those Sailors whose occupations and duties have them far removed from the actual killing of the Enemy but are no less important to the end result. Referring to that E-1 who signed up to fix sonar or work on jet engines and is currently mess cranking or stuck doing some other SLJ as a "warrior" just may make the difference between a sailor whose head is in the game and getting the job done in an outstanding fashion or an E-1 that's screwing up and making it harder for the rest of the division.

But I'll defer to the Carrier CO's and XO's, CAG's and DCAG's when they refer to ALL of the ships crew or Airwing as "Warriors". They know the impact it has on keeping those junior sailors heads in the game and the attention to detail high.

This comes from your extensive experience in the Navy I take it :confused:

I don't think you'll find ANY Carrier CO's or CAGS, other Ship/Sub CO's, XO's, Department Heads or Division Officer at sea that would hesitate to refer to their Sailors as "Warriors".

Uhm, yeah, you keep telling yourself that.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
$Trader$ was a supply officer for a short time. He once got upset that I made fun of Suppos calling themselves WarChops instead of just Chop like the rest of us. Of course he'd take offense at this speech. He's one of the REMFs it picks fun at.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Well, he says he went through OCS in '99...so if he's still in, then he's a 12-year veteran.

Yeah...he was Supply as I recall and didn't serve very long. My question was really rhetorical in nature.

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
$Trader$ was a supply officer for a short time. He once got upset that I made fun of Suppos calling themselves WarChops instead of just Chop like the rest of us. Of course he'd take offense at this speech. He's one of the REMFs it picks fun at.

Valid. Guess I might have been the low SA one, heh heh.