• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Worth the Trip?

Ace_Austin

pilot
I'm thinking about going down to P'Cola over Spring Break to get a feel for the place and take a look at some places I might want to live for API and Primary. Do you guys think this is somthing worth while or should I just wait till I get down there?

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
Won't be the best spring break destination, but the beaches are pretty nice. Not a bad time to go house/apartment hunting, but your profile suggests that you're a long way off. If you look up the threads on here about good places to live in the area, that should be a good starting point for you.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
One thing you might want to think about is that when you get commissioned, you will likely get stashed at your unit for at least several weeks before heading down. You're entitled to 10 days TAD for house hunting upon reciept of PCS orders, so you may be able to go down then.

That said, the South in spring > the South in summer; it's not so hot and buggy. But if you want to go, go. Check out the museum, the beach, the Flora-bama, etc. Panama City Beach and Destin are relatively close if you get bored in P-cola. There's some amount of spillover into P-beach from the spring break crowd but not much.

EvilGN

pilot
hooters at the beach, the crab trap, peg leg pete's...all at the beach, all good crab legs

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No you're not
OK, you're right. I rephrase: At the discretion of your command you may recieve up to 10 days househunting leave. I somehow doubt a stash Ensign ranks high on the priority list of people so essential that they will be not be granted PTAD . . .

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
OK, you're right. I rephrase: At the discretion of your command you may recieve up to 10 days househunting leave. I somehow doubt a stash Ensign ranks high on the priority list of people so essential that they will be not be granted PTAD . . .
You're still wrong.

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
Coming straight out of NROTC at KU, no one got the 10 days of househunting leave. I just started looking around on here. PM me if you have any questions.

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
I got commissioned through rotc and got the 10 days of house hunting leave. There wasn't much to do anyways as a stashed ensign.