• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Worst Idea In A Long Time....

Gus Gorilla

Hollywood needs to stop destroying my childhood properties. Transformers, GI Joe, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, the A-Team? All awesome in their own time, then turned into projects that should've been aborted in the concept phase.

About the only decent remake lately is the new Batman movies, but they weren't exactly replacing classics. The Val Kilmer/Michael Keaton/George Clooney Batman movies all blew anyway.
My thoughts exactly.^^

And the award for most over thought hypothetical movie in the "remake of an 80's classic" category goes to....(drumroll)....??

Jim123!!!!!

(Music up, spotlight to JIM123, camera 5 cuts to the closeup, tears of joy, hugs all around, camera 5 follows to stage for the acceptance speech.)

Quite the storyline you have there.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
They should just remaster it and add a few random scenes like they did with Star Wars.

HD Picture, modernize the beach volleyball in jeans with dog tags scene to be a beach volleyball in board shorts with dog tags scene, re-edit the F-14's into -18's, and digitally reduce Val Kilmer's hair by 25%.

Woila, from 1986 to 2010 in just a few easy steps.

Pags

N/A
pilot
When I first heard that they were making a movie out of The A-Team I thought it would be horrible, but it turned out to be pretty entertaining. My wife even really liked it. I don't think Tom Cruise as an instructor dealing with some hot female student would be that great of a baseline, but I'm sure some writer could come up with something interesting if they really pushed to make it.

They could have the scene where her briefing style is destroyed by NSFWS instructors and they humiliate her by showing her the "Um" tracker and point out that she played with a pen while she gave a brief.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
"You put your smartpack staples in vertically?!? I could barely turn the pages in my kneeboard! While the mission was successful, I think we've shown that this is an example of what NOT to do in the situation..."

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
If they ever do a sequel, I just hope there are no scenes w/ naval aviators hanging around in locker rooms in their huggers or w/ towels around the waist. That really felt creepy. Also, if we're having an engagement over the Indian Ocean, FCOL let's not have shots of a desert below when they're supposedly 500 miles from the nearest land.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'll only watch the movie if Tom looks like this:

tom.jpg

-ea6bflyr ;)

Pariel

I could get behind that, ea6bflyr.

At least Tom Cruise can be amusing. I definitely can't take him seriously.

Bevo16

pilot
I'd like a prequel with Maverick's Dad and Viper tearing up the skies over Vietnam in their F-4's.

"..the worst dogfight I've ever dreamed of. There were bogies like fireflies, all over the sky. His F-4 was hit, he was wounded but he could have made it back...saved 3 planes before he bought it.."

"so he did do it right"

"Yea, he did it right"

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
It could be worse. There could be a sequel to Firebirds. At least Top Gun was good the first time it came out (for its time, not by today's standards).