• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Working Out

zachass4

Hey there guys, I am new to the forums and I've been looking, but I haven't really found anything with quite what I am looking for. The most imperative topic I am inquiring about is the ASTB. I will be taking my test on Feb 20th and I was wondering if anybody had pointers on taking the exam. I have a study book, but I am concerned that the book alone will not be enough to get me the score I need. Maybe I am just psyching myself out, but I am just nervous that I will not get the marks on the test so if anybody has pointers I'd appreciate it!
The other inquiry I have is about OCS. I took my ASVAB last week and scored high enough on the exam to go to OCS, also went to MEPS and everything cleared there. I'm a junior at Edinboro University, and I'll be going to OCS (PLC 10 week) this summer, and I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions as far as a workout routine to help me be in the best shape I can be going into the whole situation.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
...I've been looking, but I haven't really found anything with quite what I am looking for...

...I was wondering if anybody had pointers on taking the exam. I have a study book...

...I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions as far as a workout routine to help me be in the best shape I can be going into the whole situation...

How long exactly did you look?

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
push pulls + run... really all you need

typical PT at OCS is run 3 miles through the hills then push pulls and 3 sets of max crunches

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
12oz curls, double fisted, reducing in weight, then going back to original weight and reducing multiple times . . . er, that's my workout

navy09

None
Crossfit will do wonders for your PRT score. More importantly, it will do wonders for your overall fitness.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
their workouts of the day are effing killer.

www.crossfit.com

i tried the weighted lunge and burpees workout. i thought "how hard can 2 exercises x 5 sets be?"

I was very wrong.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
their workouts of the day are effing killer.

www.crossfit.com

i tried the weighted lunge and burpees workout. i thought "how hard can 2 exercises x 5 sets be?"

I was very wrong.

Seriously. Its a kick to the nuts. I cant wait to get through this knee surgery to be able to do this trash again. I hope I didnt offend anyone by sounding too motivated there. :icon_smil

Clux4

Banned
Motivating Trash !!
Try doing "Heart Rate" training. Attempt to get it in the 170 to 180 range for about half an hour 3 times a week and you be surprised how much of a shape you will be in.

Crossfit is great.

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
Well I am preparing for OCS (Navy) this summer and here is my workout routine:

Day 1: Chest, Biceps, Shoulders, Abs
Day 2: Legs, Back, Triceps, Abs
Day 3: Run/Rest

Repeat. 3 Sets of 10 Reps for each muscle group.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I dont know much about your workout specifics, but cardio ought to be in there more than 1/3 of the time.

louisvillefan77

Pull ups, push ups, sit ups, crunches, squat thrusts, than running a 1-3 miles. Probably starting out at 1 in the beginning than working up to three. Try 15 pull up, and if that is easy pump it up to 20. Then keep trying to add on. Over a period of about 3 months, you could probably add 5-7 pull ups to your routine. Do 50 push ups, or atleast try too, than work up from there. Crunches are easy, do them until your abs ache. Sit ups are the same. Do squat trust ad punching bag intervals. Do squat thrusts for a minutes, while wearing boxing gloves. Then take a break for 30 seconds, then punch the bag 3 times. The last hit being hard. And keep doing that for a minute. Do this for about 3 rounds, working your way up. Make sure you take breaks in between the workuts for about 3-7 minutes. And don't work out every day, because that doesn't give your muscles time to heal microtears, and they don't get stronger. I hope this helps, good luck, and God Bless.

Go Cards!!!